Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
About the Team
We are looking for an experienced Big Data professional to manage, lead, and drive the enablement of data throughout the company. This person should have a minimum 10 years of experience with data, data environments, and data processes, both as a hands-on individual contributor and a Data Engineering team lead, and have the ability to "read" our customers both internal and external and deliver industry-leading big data solutions.
About the Role
- Lead and manage the global data engineering teams
- Work with our internal stakeholders to understand their data need, and drive the design and implementation of Zoom's next-gen big data enablement
- Create strategic data solutions to scale both the data environment and data usage of our Big Data platform
- Identity, drive, and deliver a strategic mix of short-term solutions to address urgent business needs, and long-term implementation to drive future value
- Build a self-serve data environment to enable our stakeholders to leverage data and drive Zoom's growth
- Own and continuously improve the robustness, stability, scalability, quality, and accuracy of our data and data processes (ETLs)
- Design and create multiple data layers for multiple use cases and multiple personas of Zoom's data users
- Ensure 99.99% uptime of our data processes and stakeholder-facing layers
- Minimum 7 years of data engineering as individual contributor and hands-on/coding
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience of successful Big Data engineering teams leadership and management
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Mid-level ability to code in Python or Spark or Scala or any other common Big Data related languages
- Expert level understanding of data modeling concepts with proven experience designing large scale data systems
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to grow teams, and mentor individual
- Experience creating and driving strategies to drive data democratization and enablement
- Experience with Snowflake, Databricks, and/or AWS environments is preferred
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Find us on social at the links below and on
View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community.
Visit the Zoom careers site