Position Summary...What you'll do...
Data Scientists in Sam's Technology are responsible for analyzing large data sets to develop custom models and algorithms to help with retail processes. NLP Data Scientists work as a member in project teams to create advanced models for conversational AI use cases in Sam's club. As a Data Scientist, you are responsible for building large data sets from multiple sources, build algorithms for predicting future data characteristics and suggest optimal decision to our business stakeholders. Those algorithms will be tested, validated, and converted into applications. You will have a unique opportunity to expand your domain knowledge on ML/AI use cases in retail, research new trends in the industry and put them into practice. Your knowledge in classification, regression, deep learning, NLP, statistical modeling, operations research, and mathematical optimization is the driver of retail success in Sam's Club. Key Responsibilities
- Understands and translates business and functional needs into AI/ML problem statements.
- Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
- Develop custom data models to drive innovative business solutions to increase revenue and membership.
- Sift and analyze data from multiple angles, looking for trends that highlight problems or opportunities.
- Use strong business acumen, as well as an ability to communicate findings, and mine vast amounts of data for useful insights.
- Apply innovative and scientific/quantitative approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives.
- Proficiency in machine learning algorithms such as multi-class classifications, decision trees, support vector machines, time series forecasting, deep learning and anomaly detection
- Proven records of implementing NLP and Deep Learning models in practice
- Familiarity with pre-trained models, transformer architecture, question answering, NER, intent classification, search, language model, machine translation
- Strong understanding of probability and statistical models (generative and descriptive models)
- Ability to run experiments scientifically and analyze results
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and results to technical and business audiences in a comprehensive manner
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and stakeholders, including analytics teams, development teams, product management and operations
- Master's degree in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience in the domain of NLP and Conversational AI
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process . About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch) Primary Location...
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America