Senior Manager I, Systems Engineering –
We are looking for a Senior Manager who is passionate and enthusiastic about helping to shape the future of Walmart Store Technology! You will be responsible for guiding and inspiring the Store Compute team into the development and implementation of a team strategy. Magnificent team player skills and a collaborative mind-set are required to augment your strong leadership skills. We work hard and play harder, so a great attitude and sense of humor is a bonus! This is a new supervisory position for the Store Compute team. You will be working with the existing team leadership to further develop and define the roles and responsibilities for this position.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
· You have a deep interest and passion for technology and want to build next generation of store compute technology.
· You come from the retail industry.
· You are excited to solve challenges and learn new things every day.
· You want to work in a company where 56 million items are sold on a holiday at 1000 transactions per second around 11,000 locations worldwide!
· You are a fast learner and have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making skills.
· You have excellent communication with interpersonal skills.
· You are self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
· You enjoy taking ownership and delivering on commitment.
· You have superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
· You have strong oral and written communication skills.
· You embrace “failures” as “learning opportunities”.
· Prior experience with a leadership role and associated responsibilities
· Experience managing small project teams to develop, execute, and complete assignments
· Experience organizing team roles and evaluating associate performance
· Experience documenting tasks and reporting to upper-level leadership
· Knowledge of Linux at enterprise scale: SuSe SLES 11/12/15, RedHat, CentOS, etc.
· Knowledge of Containers (Nutanix, Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
· Knowledge of VMWare and vSAN management and concepts
· Knowledge of Windows Server at enterprise scale (SCCM, Windows 2012, Windows 2016, etc.)
· Experience in Ruby, Shell, Perl, Python, and/or Powershell scripting
· Knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
· Knowledge of Puppet and Ansible automation tools
· Experience in GIT or a similar Version Control system.
· Awareness of security needs, including implementing top-level fail-safes to protect our systems
· Strategy development and implementation
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We *Are*:
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being _human led_ is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
New hires will complete verification during their onboarding and those that join once the policy is in effect will have 60 days from their start date to become compliant.
Work Location: One location