Are you a born organizer? Do you keep your cool under pressure? Do you have experience supporting a high-level executive? And do you have a soft spot for Disney? If you’re nodding your head, then an Executive Support Professional position in Global Information Security at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
Our Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are essential to the success of the company. You’d be part of a dynamic, fast-paced team that provides cybersecurity services to protect the brand and reputation of Disney while enabling and supporting business objectives across our many and varied brands. This role supports a team of Directors in Seattle and works with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to the Executive Director of Global Information Security Responsibilities :
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the Executive Director and four other Global Information Security Directors in our Seattle office. The Global Information Security group provides cybersecurity services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information and technology systems. Through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, and education, Global Information Security protects the magic at Disney.
It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people, about forming strong relationships with your leaders and co-workers, and about understanding how to leverage the human capital within the Disney enterprise to help your executive(s) flourish. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a critical component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
Basic Qualifications :
- Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
- Prepare and process expense reports within compliance to company policies;
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking, and getting to/from meetings in our sprawling campus;
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be smart about how you direct phone calls, emails and slack messages;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Read relevant newspapers, trade journals and internal documentation so you understand the mission of the department;
- Act as “casual buyer” of all office supplies for the department, and manage purchase orders and vendor contracts;
- Monitor and route time sensitive electronic signature requests to executives;
- Prepare regular reports and summaries - you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely;
- Collaborate on projects by conducting research, writing and fact-checking;
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including many who are quite senior in the organization;
- Mentor and train other support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork; and
- Plan high-profile, complex events like all-hands, product launches and offsites as well as smaller-scale gatherings such as service recognition parties.
Here’s what you will need to be successful in this job:
- At least 5 years supporting a Director or above and/or equivalent experience;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar and a robust vocabulary;
- Ability to schedule meetings and resolve schedule issues across multiple time zones;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables across multiple executives;
- Flexibility and soft skills to work with a variety of people and work-styles;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs, good skills in SAP, SharePoint and Concur;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- Confidence to learn new software programs when necessary;
- Complete reliability handling confidential information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- A professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
Required Education :
- Familiarity or experience with cybersecurity;
- Experience working in a large publicly-traded company;
High school degree Preferred Education :
Bachelor’s degreeAdditional Information :
The Walt Disney Company has a decades-long tradition of offering an exceptional employment experience that focuses on each cast member and their families. It starts with the comprehensive pay and benefits package as well as onsite high-quality, innovative health care services available specifically to Disney Cast Members. And, there’s more, such as discounts, events, offers, wellness resources as well as complimentary theme park admission – the experience of being a Cast Member is like no other job in the world.