Responsible for interacting in a courteous and friendly manner with guests, residents and staff. Performs light clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists residents with scheduling transportation services and dining services.
- Submits work order requests for residents.
- Makes reservations for residents for various community events.
- Answers outside calls. Facilitates and coordinates all inquiries to the proper department.
- Monitors emergency response system and fire alarm panel during daytime hours.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and;
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Obtain a TFER (Texas Food Establishment Rules) food handler certification within 60 days upon hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
o Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
o Ability to write simple correspondence.
o Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
o Ability to read and write using English language.
o Must demonstrate excellent telephone communication skills.
o Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
o Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
o Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to use Microsoft Windows, including Word and Excel. Ability to use email and the Internet.
o Demonstrates general office skills such as use of copy machine.
o Must possess the ability to accurately type 45-50 wpm (95% accuracy).
a Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
o Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
o Supports organization's goals and values.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities.
o Responds promptly to resident and visitor needs. Responds to requests for service and assistance.
o Completes administrative tasks accurately and timely.
- Works primarily indoors in a climate controlled setting.
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
- Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to stand or walk. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.