About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Functions – The Corporate division is the central operating unit of the company; setting strategy and policy and providing business development, finance, human resources, information technology, investor relations and legal support to the businesses. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
This Associate Web Developer position is responsible for multiple activities on the Teleflex web development team – from website and web application development and support, to maintaining code content, structure, and development standards, to assisting in maintaining web server software. This position will work closely with other IT teams and other Teleflex business units in support of Teleflex web-based initiatives.
- Support websites and web applications using web standards programming and dynamic programming platforms such as .NET and Ruby on Rails.
- Work with application developers, IT systems professionals, graphic artists, and business owners in managing/deploying content for the Internet and Intranet sites.
- Assist in the support, customization, and configuration of Teleflex websites.
- Assist in the maintenance and configuration of web server software and well as the promotion of code and application updates to the staging and production environments.
- Work with the customer to resolve support issues, scope out software enhancements, and write various forms of documentation.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies.
- Ensure web-based solutions are best in class, maintainable and reliable.
- Provide high level of customer service, and a willingness- to-help attitude.
- Comply with Teleflex’s methodology, enforce policies, standards, including internal and external controls.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. Combination of education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years experience developing and maintaining websites and web-enabled/internet-based applications and helping to architect web-based solutions to fit the customer’s needs.
- Experience working in a regulated work environment preferred
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Basic Linux/Unix knowledge required.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET.
- Experience in Responsive Web Design Development Practices
- Experience developing and supporting applications on web programming platforms such as Ruby on Rails, Java, PHP, etc. a plus
- Experience with MS SQL and MySQL databases and knowledge or XML-based databases a plus.
- Experience with Vue, Angular, or Node.js a plus
- Proven ability to execute projects and develop efficient solutions to business problems
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple time-critical projects
- Proven history of working professionally and diplomatically with a variety of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to work effectively in teams in a virtual environment
- Basic training and business analysis skills for collecting requirements for web requests and basic web application projects.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability/Willingness to travel up to 10%
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.