Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our fulltime team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership, and our Sharps Plant Workers are an integral component of Stericycle. Be our newest team member!
We are seeking a Sharps Plant Worker who will help ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and the waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner.
This is a full-time, 2nd shift position working Monday-Friday with a 4pm start and minimal overtime for new hires which normally includes working very few hours 1 weekend day. Key Job Activities:
1) Perform Quality Control duties to ensure process compliance.
2) Ensure Load Plans are accurate and complete.
3) Maintain and complete daily documents required.
4) Track sharps shipping manifests for completion.
5) Unload waste from incoming vehicles.
6) Stage waste containers for scanning in the Bio Track system.
7) Scan waste into the Bio Track system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
8) Decontaminate vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reload assigned re-usable tubs and ensure cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor. Informs plant supervisor when the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area.
9) Ensure housekeeping issues are addressed immediately, e.g., spills are cleaned up, the floor is dry, no debris is on the floor, etc.
10) Assist in other areas of the plant operation as directed. Disclaimer:
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.