We are hiring a First Officer to join the Steelcase Aviation team. In this role, you will assist in providing reliable, safe, and comfortable air transportation services for internal and external customers on one of our two Falcon 2000LX/LXS aircraft. Named the “ Flight Department of the Year” in 2015 by Professional Pilot Magazine, come join this award-winning team!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Transport Steelcase guests and employees to and from Steelcase locations both domestically and internationally.
- Perform exterior and interior preflight inspections to ensure preparedness of aircraft and systems. Verify all necessary documents are onboard and current. Ensure the aircraft is stocked sufficiently for passengers.
- Assist in the completion of checklists necessary to ensure safe flight. Assist the Captain with flight duties including becoming familiar with weather, flight route, in flight systems monitoring, and relaying any discrepancies to maintenance personnel.
- Assist the Captain in maintaining flight logs and complete recording of this information upon completion of flights.
- Be a brand ambassador for Steelcase and provide a first-class experience for travelers.
Your Future Team:
You will be joining a team of 8 other pilots based at the Steelcase hangar at the Grand Rapids, Gerald R Ford Airport. This is a tight knit award-winning team who seek excellence. You will report to the Director of Aviation.
Who You Are:
Required Skills and Competencies
- Airline Transport Pilot License
- Hold a current FAA First Class Medical Certification
- Able to obtain all necessary inoculations to fly to any country that the company requires staff to work in and unrestricted ability to travel worldwide, including providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by first date of work.
- Minimum of 1500 hours of flight experience, 500 hours of turbine experience and 500 jet hours.
- Schedule flexibility comfortable with a dynamic and fluid flight schedule. Ability to work extended time away from home, weekends, holidays and late nights.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain passenger relations and act in a professional and courteous manner.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Falcon 2000LX/LXS Previous experience
Why People Choose to Work with Us:
At Steelcase, we put people at the center of everything we do. We understand the role of work and believe that it can bring meaning and purpose to the lives of our customers and our employees. We prioritize supporting our employees both in and out of work, in all aspects of their lives. When we bring our talents together, we make a positive lasting impact through our work and communities.
Who We Are:
Organizations around the world trust Steelcase to help them create places that help people work better, be inspired, and accomplish more.
We design, manufacture, and partner with other leading organizations to provide architecture, furniture, and technology solutions- accessible through a network of channels, including over 800 Steelcase dealer locations. Steelcase is a global, industry-leading, publicly-traded company with fiscal year 2021 revenue of $2.6 billion.
What Matters to Us:
More than qualifications, we’re looking for talent and potential. We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to improve our global community. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different from themselves, building mutual respect and positive relationships. We invite people from all backgrounds and genders to apply. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at [email protected]
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. We are proud to be recognized for our inclusive workforce by the Corporate Equality Index for the past nine years.
If you’re interested in Steelcase, but this isn’t the right time or role, join our Talent Community to be updated on future openings in your area(s) of expertise.