The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking a friendly, responsible and reliable Laundry Attendant to take on the challenge of a unique position within a 488-room hotel that boasts 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
Job Overview: To ensure the proper sorting and distribution of laundry to meet high standards of quality.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Empty the laundry chute and prepare loads for washer.
- Pre-sort and separate linen by classification and transfer by lifting, carrying or transportingto workstations.
- Run folding equipment to fold mats, blankets, towels, bedspreads, etc. Includes runningironer.
- Separate laundry requiring mending or special stain removal.
- Provide assistance to the washer by pushing carts from washing to drying area.
- Provide general public assistance, instruction and/or guidance for guest and employeesafety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting room attendants or house person when requested.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various industrial equipment.
- Ability to extend arms, scrub, bend, stoop, and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, carry, push or pull heavy loads, and stand for long periods of time.May require lifting bundles (linen) weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and/or pull wheeled carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety labels and instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and perform job functions under limited supervision.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
From: Spire Hospitality