Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Heavy Maintenance Project Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and supervision of Production Control projects and personnel.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
- Provide Production a daily plan, making certain everyone is aligned with duties and production goals are being met. Works on root-cause analysis and to drive change when goals go unmet
- Lead pre-post dock meetings to ensure compliance and standardization amongst shifts
- Work as a liaison between Production and all other departments(Appearance, Engineering, Inspection & Materials)
- Lead evaluation of Routine & Non-Routine tasks for labor hours and spans. Works to lead a resolution of any discrepancies
- Coordinate and lead special projects as directed by and to support Leadership and department initiatives
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience Required
LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- 5 Years o f airline maintenance experience required Experience with 737 Heavy Maintenance management experience required
- 2 Years Supervisory experience Required Leadership
- Must be able to lift 40lbs.
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job.
- Will be required to be familiar with the requirements of Southwest's FAA approved Maintenance Procedures Manual
- Must have good project management skills
- Will be required to be familiar with labor, materials, and documentation requirements of daily maintenance production operations
- Must be P/C literate with experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical research, written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to manage interruptions, prioritize responsibilities and work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work efficiently under stress and short deadlines as part of an integrated team.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Some travel may be required.
- May be required to work additional hours including nights and weekends to support Production working a 24-hour clock.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which
requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.