The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
General Laborers work in various areas and perform a variety of jobs and tasks required to maintain smooth operation and to assist when specific needs arise. This position is on night shift.
- Loads cardboard totes into tote erector, inserts liner and tote corners into finished tote
- Monitors the unloading of raw product from trailer
- Monitors production machinery and notifies maintenance or supervisor if attention is needed.
- Inspects product for defects and removes foreign material from vegetables on a conveyer belt
- Wears personal protective equipment while cleaning and sanitizing processing equipment during down time. Will use water, chemicals, brush, squeegee to clean machinery and floors
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have an acceptable safety record.
- Must have an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- 1 to 2 years work experience in the food processing industry preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including, hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes, rain coat, pants and gloves for cleaning
- Ability to stand for 10-12 hours at a time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend and stoop
- Ability to climb steps and ladder
- Ability to work with an around industrial chemicals and cleaners
- Ability to work day and night shifts, weekends and overtime
Job Requisition ID:1596
Travel Required: None
Location(s):FG Plant - Pasco
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at email@example.com.