We are hiring a Medical Assistant who provides a variety of technical services to ensure an efficient, quality level of care to residents in the clinic. If you enjoy partnering with people and are excited about the opportunity to make a difference every day, then this might be for you!
What You Will Do:
- Completes initial resident assessment including temperature, pulse, respiration's, blood pressure, weight and list of medications.
- Assists physician as needed in primary, podiatry, and dermatology clinics.
- Assists physician with minor surgical procedures.
- Assists clinical nurses lifting or transferring of residents as needed.
- Performs and is knowledgeable in various lab procedures; phlebotomy, processing specimens, bladder scan, oximetry and performing EKGs.
- Maintains and stocks supplies in exam rooms.
- Orders all medical supplies as needed.
- Sterilizes all surgical instruments using germicide and the autoclave.
- Assists in answering phones, filing charts, ordering and checking in medications from pharmacy.
- Assists with ordering tests, lab, x-rays, scans, and taking off physician orders.
- Escorts residents to and from appointments as needed.
- Delivers prescriptions from pharmacy to residents' apartments.
- Assists apartment nurse as needed.
- Performs other work as assigned.
Why Work Here:
- You’ll be part of an organization that puts its core values—respect, integrity, excellence, service, stewardship, and teamwork—into action every day.
- You’ll work with residents and staff who are inspiring, talented, caring, and have amazing stories to tell.
- You are aligned with our values of Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Service, Stewardship and Teamwork.
- We have medical and dental coverage or pay a cash stipend if you are covered on another plan. Life Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Emergency Relief Fund, and much more!
- We have salary continuation if you have an approved leave of absence.
- We offer on the job training and professional development opportunities.
- We offer tuition and/or fee assistance for qualified programs.
- Sequoia Living is a Bay Area-based nonprofit organization dedicated to providing older adults with stimulating, joyful living environments and services that support and enrich their lives. Every day, our team members show up with their heads and their hearts, ready to find ways to be better than we were yesterday. If you have a caring heart, enjoy working with older adults, and love the idea of learning something new each day, consider joining our team. You’ll never stop growing at Sequoia Living.
Who You Are:
- You enjoy working with people and have interpersonal skills.
- You can use tact and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying conditions. You can show patience and understanding.
- You like your days do be varied, can handle a fast-paced environment, and don’t mind working under pressure.
Who We Are: Founded in 1958, Sequoia Living is a Bay Area-based nonprofit organization dedicated to providing older adults with stimulating, joyful living environments and services that support and enrich their lives. Throughout our six decades as a nonprofit serving Bay Area seniors, we’ve learned the importance of connection and collaboration when it comes to providing resources for healthy aging. From our continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) to safe affordable housing, engaging senior centers, and a purpose-filled volunteer program, we provide friendly environments where people can explore and discover what it means to grow stronger, wiser, and more joyful.
Sequoia Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.