Apply today! Seattle OBGYN is seeking a full-time certified medical assistant lead to join our team.
Hours: 4-10 hour shifts, no weekends!
Clinic Summary –
Seattle Obstetrics and Gynecology Group (OB/GYN) is a physician-owned practice that was established in 1950. Our providers and staff are dedicated to providing the highest standards of medical care to women of all ages within a compassionate, supportive and professional environment. We believe an integrated approach between patient and provider enables us to offer each patient with a unique plan for her well-being. Seattle OB/GYN Group has remained a strong and cohesive organization for over 60 years because of our shared values, similar philosophies and commitment to one another and to our patients
Position Summary -
Provides skilled patient care under physician supervision in a clinical setting. Works primarily with one physician; but will at times assist other providers.
Essential Qualities -
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
Serves as a backup on managing all schedules within the back office department, and any schedule change requests.
Serves as a backup for time off requests
Provides encouragement and recognition of excellence in performance; monitors team performance from a clinical perspective.
Leads by example, models professionalism and shows integrity in the workplace.
Assists in the following: Interviews, hires staff, makes staffing recommendations, performance feedback.
Collaborate with leadership team and other departments to set and meet practice goals.
Relays pertinent information from physicians and management to team members.
Assists in Conducting regular staff meetings.
Trains new MA hires in compliance with company policies and procedures
Sets up Greenway appropriately for tasks, prescription settings for all providers, etc
Creates an approachable environment that is conducive to learning.
Assists new employees in facility protocols and job responsibilities, as well as with medical assistant skills.
Creates effective workflow for training new hires
Maintains training binder
Communicates with Administrator and Back Office Supervisor on training status, and gives constructive feedback.
Generates process and procedures, strives for constant improvement.
Be available to staff for questions and concerns
Train staff as needed.
· Superior customer service skills
· Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff.
· Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA) Key Duties and Responsibilities.
· Escorts patients to examination rooms, checks vital signs, performs intake assessment, prepares patient for exam, and maintains a timely flow.
· Prepares the chart according to policy. Fully documents progress notes from all patient interactions, including current medications, allergies, presenting problem or complaint.
· Prepares appropriate lab slips and requisitions in accordance with requirements of patient’s insurance, obtains Medicare waivers, prepares consent forms, medications sheets, and physician’s orders.
· Maintains medical records, pap logs, sterilization and medication logs.
· Prepares and administers medications as delegated by provider, within limits of licensing and training.
· Prepares for procedures and minor surgeries, assists provider following procedure guidelines and safety standards. Maintains updated procedure guidelines.
· Makes arrangements for prescriptions and refills, surgery scheduling indicated, tests, referrals and appointments. Schedule or fill out the ultrasound orders. Call in prescription refills and complete documentation.
· Obtains lab results and charts for physician review. Informs patients of results, physician orders or other information. Returns patient calls and assists with patient education.
· Maintains exam rooms, nursing stations and procedure rooms. Cleans and stocks work areas following guidelines. Cleans and follows disinfection and sterilization procedures using universal precautions as stated in OSHA and policy guidelines. Cleans equipment, autoclaves and washes gowns and drapes as needed.
· Monitors appointment schedules for current day and upcoming week utilizing the computer and front desk staff as resources. Informs provider of additional patients and schedule changes, reviews next day schedule and notes changes before going home at night.
· Informs patient and front desk of schedule changes and current waiting time. · Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Copy OB records for hospital.
· Initiate fetal monitoring. Interpretation skills are not required. Should be able to recognize satisfactory quality of tracing and adjust monitor to maintain quality tracing.
· Help Triage with phone calls and assist other clinical staff as needed.
· Maintains a high level of education and understanding of current OB/GYN standards and trends through reading, attaining in-services, seminars and other CME opportunities.
· Demonstrates interest and initiative regarding safety issues for both patient and personal safety.
· Understands insurance and referral requirements, CPT and ICD-9 coding, financial data on charts, fee tickets, computer notes. Directs patients to Business Office regarding financial issues and insurance authorizations.
· Participates in staff meetings and remains informed of policies, procedures and other relevant information. Actively participates in clinic’s efforts to improve patient services and satisfaction.
Seattle OB/GYN offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service! Seattle OB/GYN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. All employment decisions at Seattle OB/GYN are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Company's website: www.seaobgyn.com
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $26.00 per hour
All applicants must be fullly vaccinated or receive an approved exemption through the company prior to start date. Full PPE utilization is required at all times.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location