RWE Renewables Americas LLC, Austin, United States (US)
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
Functional area: Commercial
RWE is looking for a bright and capable Sr. Commercial Analyst to join our team. The Commercial Analysis North America is responsible to provide commercial inputs to the financial decisions (FID, acquisition, divestment, PPA execution, etc.) to RWE Renewables.
- Adhere to our company’s values and behaviors, attend to relevant industry events and represent the company
- Provide market insights on short/medium/long-term development in various power markets (ERCOT, PJM, MISO, NYISO, CAISO, etc.) and various commodities (power, ancillary service, capacity, renewable energy certificates, natural gas, etc.), based on clear understanding of market fundamentals, regulatory development, renewable penetrations, storage / demand response growth, etc.
- Steer Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) pricing, modeling, and negotiation strategies based on strong analytic supports for pricing and structuring. Understand PPA structures and scheduling & settlement requirements clearly and quantify key commercial risks linked to the fundamental market developments, renewable penetrations, regulatory development, etc.
- Develop / maintain the internal / external price forecast tools e.g. PLEXOS, PROMOD, or Statistical Learning Models in Python, MATLAB, or R. Provide the quantitative and qualitative forecast outputs and the key insights for the future development of market price, supply, or demand.
- Perform data / statistical analysis using large amount of data, visualize and communicate key insights. Most of tasks of this position will requires advanced data analytic skills, handling large amount of data like hourly / sub-hourly wind / solar generation and market prices and visualization of the key insights / knowledge obtained from the analysis
- Solid understanding of power market fundamentals and commodity market risks
- Strong quantitative skills, paying attentions to details but not losing key messages
- Statistical data analysis using one of the computation tools like R, MATLAB, or Python, visualize the highly complex concepts in a simple way
- Programming skills C# or Visual Basic, database skills plus
- Minimum 3 year industrial or research experiences in power and commodity markets
- Master degree required (preferably in electrical engineering, mathematics or other quantitative discipline)
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 29789
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen, Germany, is RWE’s youngest subsidiary and one of the world’s leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition – and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.