We would love to be able to consider you for one of our amazing career opportunities. Please complete the online application and assessment at www.rwlvcareers.com.
The Representative, Casino Accounting is responsible for daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting for revenue departments throughout the property. The ideal candidate adapts quickly and effectively to procedural changes and is ready to assist with other special projects. All responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with all laws and regulations, as well as Resorts World Las Vegas policies, practices and procedures.
Core Job Responsibilities:
At Resorts World Las Vegas, we believe that every member of our team is an ambassador and is essential to the success of our company. We expect all Team Members to take personal ownership in ensuring everything they do is in the best interest of the company and that all will adhere to our five core non-negotiable responsibilities.
- Everyone is an Ambassador – No matter where you work at Resorts World Las Vegas, it is your responsibility to treat this property like you would your own home. No one gets hurt, everyone feels secure, the environment is clean, and every guest gets what they need.
- Everyone works in Safety – If you have a safety concern, it is your responsibility to address it by correcting it or notifying the appropriate department or individual.
- Everyone works in Security – If you See Something, it is your responsibility to Say Something. You must notify the appropriate department or individual if you feel there is a security concern.
- Everyone works in EVS – If there is trash on the floor, it is your responsibility to pick it up. If it is a mess that needs more attention, it is your responsibility to notify the appropriate department or individual.
- Everyone works in Guest Experience – If a guest needs assistance, it is your responsibility to assist that guest and do so with a smile. If the guest needs more assistance than you can provide, it is your responsibility to notify the appropriate department or individual.
Primary Job Duties: – Includes, but is not limited to:
- Generate and complete daily audits of the cage, slots, table games and other gaming and non-gaming revenue departments; communicate problems or discrepancies to management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Answer telephone, open and log mail and assist in other clerical functions.
- Retain accurate records and files pertaining to work performed by self and other members of the team.
- Reconcile revenue and expense reports to source documents, then distribute and file financial documents and reports.
- Prepare routine journal entries and post financial transactions; reconcile entries and internal ledgers to financial reporting system reports.
- Ensure Nevada Gaming Control Board compliance for all areas of responsibility and communicate issues with management.
- Create summary reports and complete daily audits. Key data and prepare batches for processing by sorting, alphabetizing and running tapes to verify counts and totals.
- Sort and account for all documents to code, log and review for accuracy; verify invoices for payment and ensure documents adhere to company operations accounting policies and remain standard across property.
- Obtain and maintain position-specific licensing.
- Use personal device/cellular phone for job related operational tasks, job duties, review of company documents, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least six months of previous Accounting experience in a similar or related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Polished appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or in a similar or related field.
- Working knowledge of Management Information Control Systems (MICS) and Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) gaming regulations.
- Previous experience working in a large, luxury resort setting.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $23.00 per hour
- Do you have six months of previous Accounting experience in a similar or related field?
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location