JOB TITLE: Art Director/ Senior Graphic Designer
Planet Home, LLC. is an environmental solution-focused platform created by and for thinkers and change-makers who are dedicated to solving our planet’s greatest challenges. We gather people of diverse backgrounds to create, discover, and celebrate world-changing ideas and innovations that address major issues faced by our ecosystem: climate, water, energy, waste, and biodiversity.
Through non and for-profit investments, immersive events and compelling content, we educate, empower and inspire others to build a greener, more sustainable future for the world we live in. Our goal is to connect our global community to data-driven solutions through engaging, accessible resources to help people make a positive impact on the environment through their everyday actions.
Basic Function of the Position:
Designers are responsible for creating and managing the visual aspects of PLANET HOME production. Working closely with the CEOs, the designer creates the design style for all the visual aspects of the company including website, print and web media.
The duties of this position include:
- Plan site design by clarifying goals and designing functionality through site navigation by categorizing content and funneling traffic through content
- Coordinate and collaborating with Managers, Copywriter, Graphic Designers and other graphic artists on images, icons, banners, audio, etc.
- Prepare the site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links and locability by registering with search engines.
- Maintain and provide ongoing design of the website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content updates, special promotion materials, etc.
- Develop creative and unique production material
- Participate in all Pre and Post-Event Preparation Calls and Meetings
- Coordinate internal efforts from other departments to successfully deliver projects from the initial proposal stage through the production
- Must be able to work flexible schedules; some weekends and travel is required
Required Skills And Experience:
- Experience with design imaging, including a web and multimedia design portfolio
- Proven track record in content management and editing both video and audio material
- Possess acumen in multimedia programming and technology
- Associates degree in computer technology, website design, graphic design, or related area preferred or commensurate experience
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Paint Shop Pro, Flash, XML-based web applications and programming, XHTML programming, and other web development languages and technologies
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive scheduling, tracking and resource management skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to devote high attention to detail, organize and prioritize
- Ability to address multiple tasks and unforeseen developments which require level headedness and purpose
- Ability to recognize and respect organizational protocols and procedures
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the Tech and/or Environmental industries
- Familiarity working with a variety of operating systems such as Windows, Macintosh and Unix
- Knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite, Airtable, Egnyte and other technology platforms
- Experience with virtual events
- The successful candidate is confident, assertive, flexible, very detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking
- The successful candidate will be required to work well under pressure in a time-critical environment, maintain a positive “can-do” attitude, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to motivate others
- This individual must be a self-starter, able to make sound business decisions, be a creative problem-solver and able to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- A steadfast commitment to, and demonstration of unselfishness, meaningful contribution to the team by providing other departments with pertinent and timely reports, news and requests
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to 20 pounds
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Content Management: 3 years (Required)
- user experience: 3 years (Required)
- Can you briefly explain your experience (and please provide a sample of your portfolio as well as share examples of networking type platforms you've worked on)?
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture