Become part of the team
Driven by policy, regulatory, and economics forces the electric supply industry is currently undergoing a rapid transition from conventional thermal resources to renewable generation and energy storage resources. This transition is radically changing market dynamics requiring new and creative analysis to understand energy infrastructure investment and value. PA’s experts are at the forefront of modelling and analyzing the ongoing evolution and future of the power sector, helping clients understand investment risks and opportunities.
PA’s Global Energy and Utilities team currently seeks a Denver-based consultant with energy analytics, quantitative analysis, and fundamentals experience to support our work helping energy investor and utility clients effectively navigate diverse and evolving investment and operating environments.
This is the ideal role for you if you:
- Have a broad background in energy and quantitative analysis in North America with a focus on power, natural gas, and renewables;
- Understand how energy infrastructure investments realize value differently across different markets;
- Have a passion for developing creative models and data approaches to help solve complex problems (including coding);
- Are comfortable performing, critically evaluating, and communicating quantitative analysis; and
- Enjoy working on a range of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment.
You will be part of a talented client-focused team that helps our clients understand and quantify uncertainty in an increasingly complex and data driven energy landscape.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Leading or contributing to quantitative analysis and model development as part of energy infrastructure investment, expert witness testimony, market and regulatory proceedings, benefits case assessments, whitepaper development, stakeholder engagement, business model development, and business integration.
- Identifying and executing creative approaches to quantitatively evaluating energy infrastructure benefits and costs as well as risks and risk mitigation;
- Independently initiating and completing analysis surrounding optimization in competitive markets, stochastic simulations, and the interplay between zero- or low-marginal cost resources and traditional energy generators.
- Leading quantitative research tasks related to energy, ancillary services, and capacity markets.
- Developing new models and tools that support a long-term view of energy market evolution, especially in light of clean energy policies.
- Successfully navigating and meeting deadlines that span a number of different projects.
What we're looking for
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., computer science, economics, engineering, mathematics/statistics). An advanced degree is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in one or more of the following programing languages and experience with object oriented programming and cloud based computing services (Python, R, C#, Julia, AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics and/or advanced statistical analysis as related to energy infrastructure or markets.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience related to energy market analysis, fundamentals research, and experience supporting trading/marketing/origination (may be offset by an advanced degree).
- Experience with Production Cost Modeling (Aurora, PLEXOS, GE MAPs, etc.) is a plus.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage 5-10 projects concurrently and adjust to shifting deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Location:Based in Denver
- Group medical insurance
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Teladoc and informed Nurse line resources
- Long term care plan
- Group dental insurance
- Vision plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan with company profit sharing contribution
- Commuter and Parking tax-savings benefit
- 15 days paid vacation days with the opportunity to buy five additional days
- 10 paid Holidays plus 10 paid sick days
- Company and Voluntary income protection benefits
- Gym and health incentive reimbursement
- Pet and legal insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Annual performance-based bonus
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on [email protected]