To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company "Code of Conduct" policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure. Must work well with others and be willing to share technical knowledge with peers. Responsibilities
- Supervises Technical Representative(s), and/or Line Maintenance Supervisor(s) as assigned.
- Coordinates personnel schedules to provide adequate manpower coverage as needed to support of aircraft maintenance operations.
- Ensures the safe and efficient maintenance of company aircraft within their station / geographic area, in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and providing oversight for contract line maintenance in their station / geographic area as assigned.
- Ensures personnel under their supervision are trained and qualified in accordance with GMM policies and procedures.
- Monitors the training, qualifications and level of proficiency for maintenance personnel at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
- Monitors Flight Schedules and fleet status to ensure best use of resources, ground time and aircraft routing.
- Coordinates line maintenance requirements with MCC, Workload Planning, Materials, Quality Control, and A/C Planning Departments.
- Maintains surveillance of line maintenance activity at assigned station(s) / geographic area.
- Provides resources and technical support as necessary in cases of major mechanical problems or AOG situations.
- Improve efficiency and reliability by identifying recurring problems and recommending changes in procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating the timely repair of deferred maintenance items on aircraft transiting assigned station(s) and/or geographic area.
- Ensures shift turnover and work interruption procedures are followed to ensure incomplete maintenance work is completed before an aircraft is returned to service.
- Responsible for ensuring timely return of correct and accurate aircraft maintenance log pages to HDQ.
- Coordinates with MCC for maintenance and aircraft status information.
- Monitors mechanical problems, Aircraft and Popwerplant performance. Repeat Item and Oil Watch Programs.
- Formulates corrective action plans for mechanical problems and deferred maintenance items in coordination with MCC.
- Maintains communication with Regional Manager to ensure cost effective application.
- Ensures timely entry of log page discrepancies and parts changes in TRAX.
- Ensures personnel in their assigned station(s) / geographic areas are versed in the use of the TRAX system.
- Monitors line station spare engine status and engine change kits.
- Maintains liaison with Ground Operations and Flight Operations to ensure safe and dependable operations.
- Enforces safety procedures and practices outlined in company manuals and industry standards.
- Performs duties and responsibilities at field locations away from home base as assigned.
- Flies on company aircraft as assigned to support aircraft operations around the world.
- Performs self-audits of station(s) / geographic area as needed.
- Develops and manages station(s) / geographic area budget(s).
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Must hold a current and valid FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Minimum of 7 years in aircraft maintenance
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Must maintain Atlas Air qualification and authorization for Airworthiness Release.
- Experience on 747/767 aircraft or equivalent wide body aircraft preferred.
- Light Travel to meet business needs
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement