Oak View Group is hiring a Marketing Director for the Ryan Center and Boss Ice Arena, located at the University of Rhode Island, in Kingston, RI.
The Marketing Director will play an integral role working closely with the University in developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic plan for the Athletics Department. Focus is to increase ticket sales, drive attendance and create a memorable and exciting fan experience while fostering innovative and collaborative efforts to engage students, staff, alumni, sponsors, donors, and prospective fans of Rhode Island Athletics.
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
- Work closely with the Box Office and Ticket Sales Department in the creation and implementation of comprehensive marketing plans to create awareness and increase revenue for men’s basketball season tickets, mini plans, groups, and individual game sales
- Facilitate all marketing and promotional efforts for men’s and women’s soccer, men’s basketball, and softball including conducting meetings with coaches and other departments, developing game day atmosphere content as well as coordination of video and photo shoots.
- Develop and implement initiatives to increase student attendance and engagement at athletic events specifically for men’s and women’s soccer, men’s basketball, and softball while working closely with Student Affairs, Greek Life and Resident Life
- Plan, direct and execute game production efforts for men’s and women’s soccer, men’s basketball, and softball including creation of game scripts, music/band, promotions, video, cheer/mascot and on-court presentations, while overseeing external fan engagement staff
- Assist in the coordination of weekly external meetings working closely with Athletic Communications, Athletic Development, Ryan Center departments - Facilities, Box Office, Ticket Sales and Event Services as well as Rhody Sports Properties (Learfield).
- Collaborate with department’s multi-media rights holder, Rhody Sports Properties (Learfield), to develop entertaining in-game promotions and activation of sponsorships.
- Assist in the coordination of special events such as pre-season basketball events, season ticket holder party, viewing parties, etc.
- Manage the design, production, and distribution of all marketing materials/graphics for men’s and women’s soccer, men’s basketball and softball.
- Coordinate all digital marketing efforts including strategy development and implementation of targeted digital campaigns, development of communications calendar and Google spreadsheets as well as analytics.
- Develop and implement community and campus outreach programming for men’s and women’s soccer, men’s basketball and softball with the assistance of the Athletic Communications Department and Athletic Academic Affairs.
- Management of the Ruckus student group
- Oversight of Junior Ruckus Kids Club
- Oversight of Social Media account (@GoRhodyRams) (Marketing Assistant along with student interns to handle day-to-day responsibilities August-April); day-to-day management May-July.
- Manage intern program for Athletics including scheduling of grassroot initiatives for entire marketing department
- Supervision of Marketing Assistant, student interns and spirit squads.
- Assist in the marketing efforts of URI Athletics as necessary to maximize the revenue for both entities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Sports Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in Division I college athletic marketing or professional sports marketing (not including graduate assistantships or unpaid internships) or minimum of 4 years of full-time experience in Division II college athletic marketing.
- Demonstrated experience with leading game presentation for live sporting events (preferably men’s basketball, women’s basketball or football).
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to create and maintain very specific timelines.
- Ability to design marketing materials, proficient in use of Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Paciolan Fan One platform specifically Neolane preferred.
- Assertive, outgoing, hard-working, resourceful, as well as an independent thinker.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to traditional business hours, is required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid drivers’ license
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.About Oak View Group:
OVG360, a division of Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management company that is making a positive disruption in the live entertainment and hospitality industry. OVG360 helps client-partners reimagine the sports, live entertainment, and convention industries for the betterment of the venue, employees, artists, athletes, and surrounding communities. We have a portfolio of more than 200 client-partners spanning arenas, stadiums, convention centers, performing arts centers, cultural institutions, and state fairs around the globe.