NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
We have a great opportunity for a talented Project Architect to join the Building Technologies Group in our St. Paul, Minnesota, office.
The Project Architect will be responsible for all phases of architectural project development including construction field representation for industrial and commercial projects. The Project Architect will be self-motivated creative problem solver with strong organization, and communication skills both written and graphic. The Project Architect will work independently and as a team to complete projects. The Project Architect will have the ability to conduct construction administration services including submittal reviews, prepare field observation reports, answer RFI's and evaluate change order requests. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and interested in team building, client relationships, and continuous learning while supporting a diverse set of projects and clients.
The Architect II/III will be responsible for administering all phases of a project from proposal through construction, utilizing knowledge of construction process, building materials, specifications and construction techniques. This position is responsible for interdisciplinary coordination of all contract documents.
Additional responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Must be able to manage projects of varied type and scale independently, and have a demonstrated ability to develop, detail, and coordinate projects from programming through construction documents including preparing technical specifications.
- Construction field support and representation.
- Building code analysis and reviews to determine conformance to current codes and standards.
- Responsible for coordination with outside consultants.
- Develop Architectural fee estimates and provide technical expertise for proposals.
- Graduate architect with minimum 8 years of experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD with additional knowledge of Revit preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (O365) suite of products including Outlook, Teams, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work with remote employees through electronic communication.
- Registered Architect in Minnesota
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.