- Category:Administrative Services
- Location:Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship Required:United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute:Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift:1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required:Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available:1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman, Space Systems, has an opening for an Administrative Assistant 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC). This position will be located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Successful candidate will be a vital member of the Advanced Mission Solutions business team and will perform in an administrative leadership role, which by nature of the position involves high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive program, new business, personnel and technical information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
In this role, the selected candidate will perform a variety of administrative responsibilities supporting multiple Advanced Mission Solutions Business Unit Directors and Managers. Primary duties will involve direct support for the SWDC managers and the Test and Warfighter Support (TAWS) organization. The selected candidate will be well-organized, able to handle a wide range of assignments on time, be an exceptional team player, as well as collaborative, self-motivated, detail oriented, assertive as necessary and able to work with minimal supervision.
Roles and responsibilities of the SWDC Administrative Assistant 4 will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Communicates with executive, administrative, customer and management personnel to gather or convey relevant information.
- Coordinates internal and external briefings/presentations/meetings, management meetings and customer interface and customer visits
- Responsible for maintaining multiple program managers schedules and coordinating critical customer and management meetings
- Coordinates calendars, extensive, frequently changing travel arrangements, expense reports and all forms of correspondence
- Performs all normal secretarial, administrative, and clerical duties
- Performs normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining files.
- Arrange meetings and conferences.
- Using Microsoft Office to develop and maintain organization charts, producing reports, presentations, spreadsheets, and managing email and calendars.
- Track and status incoming and outgoing customer communications, commitments, deliverable submittals, and other program related communications.
- High School Diploma with a minimum of six years additional education and/or professional experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Computer skills required include advanced expertise in Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel), SharePoint (or equivalent), and intranet/internet proficiency.
- Experience and proficiency with Concur (or similar) travel and expense reporting system.
- Proactive, highly motivated and adaptable, with excellent organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple tasks, changing needs, and competing priorities across a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate Outlook calendar, conference call, and shared link applications.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and proven success in organizing, prioritizing, and completing assigned responsibilities.
- Experience interfacing with executive level internal and external contacts with considerable autonomy.
- Experience coordinating both on and off-site meetings and/or events.
- Current Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree, preferably in business or technical related field.
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman’s specific systems (SAP, Concur, Facilities requests, IBUY, etc.).
- Experience with in-processing and out-processing staff within the Missile Defense Agency's Pride/WITS system.
- Knowledge of NGC resources, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Government and Military offices, rankings and officials
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Experience in supporting a large program team within an organization.
Salary Range:$58,000 USD - $96,600 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.