We are looking to hire a motivated Surgery Coordinator to join our incredible team at New York Gynecology Surgery (NYGS) location at 375 East Main Street, Suite 7, Bay Shore, NY 11706
Full Job Description
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates surgery scheduling and booking for the surgeon (TWO surgeons)
- Coordinates patient preparation for surgical or other procedures, including both pre and post-op appointments
- Confirms that all pre-op requirements are met, and pre-op information is transmitted to the appropriate surgery facility.
- Communicates with insurances companies as needed to obtain pre-authorization for all surgical procedures
- Coordinates physician(s) office schedules, meetings, interviews, etc.
- Maintains booking and scheduling records and updates them regularly
- Performs general office duties as assigned
- Prior authorizations from insurance companies will be required for this position
- This individual will be responsible for obtaining authorizations for and scheduling surgeries, contacting other physician offices, documenting in the EHR, completing forms, answering patient questions, and various other office-related tasks.
- Communicates with patients to ensure their understanding of the surgical process and requirements
- High School or equivalent education.
- AAS degree in Medical Assistant/Secretarial Science or experience in business with emphasis on healthcare or related field.
W*ORK EXPERIENCE: *
- Medical terminology knowledge or course completion.
- Knowledge and understanding of physician ordering practices and basic scheduling database maintenance.
- Medical terminology knowledge or course completion
- Strong in both verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prior surgical services scheduling experience in surgery practice.
- Prior medical office experience
- Current Medical Assistant Certification is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion and ability to deal with people in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and enhance the spirit of teamwork through effective role modeling.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Computer literacy
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and electronic scheduling system
Individuals must be highly organized and self-motivated. Healthcare experience required, surgery scheduling experience STRONGLY PREFERRED. Must have a base knowledge of insurance plans and authorization processes. Must have strong attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
All Patients and their families are required to wear masks during visits to the office.
- surgery scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
- English (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: One location