This is a full-time remote opportunity. The hours are M-F 8a-5p PST
The Enrollment Advisor communicates with potential students via telephone and email to build rapport and assist with the initial portion of the application process. The Advisor communicates effectively with those Students to determine their educational goals and whether the University can meet those goals. It is important for the Enrollment Advisor to maintain a high level of customer service and positive working attitude, as well as be available to help other team members as needed.
Communicates with potential students via telephone, or email, to build rapport and assist with the initial portion of the application process
- Reviews and researches degree programs, and policies, to make sure that clear and updated information is being provided to prospective Students
- Communicates effectively with those Students to determine their educational goals and whether the University can meet those goals
- Maintains a high level of customer service and positive working attitude, as well as be available to help other team members as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Remains goal-oriented and exceed goals while working in a fast-paced environment
- Works well in a team environment and will be able to perform as an effective teammate within the Admissions department and in cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of the academic and business workings of a higher education institution
- Ability to stay organized, easily multi-task and prioritize with ease
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the Microsoft Office suite
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school plus six (6) months experience in enrollment advising in a collegial setting preferred
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as be driven and self-motivated
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as superior verbal and written communication skills
- Previous high volume phone work experience, or promotions, highly preferred
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
- Good working environment with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
What We Offer
In addition to competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package — including medical, dental, vision, 403b with match, paid holidays, and PTO — National University supports the professional growth of our team members through free education benefits and other growth opportunities.