Location: This is a Remote Position.
Reports to: MVA Director of Education, Team Leader
Job Description Summary:
Middle School Teachers at My Virtual Academy have created a Homeroom Learning Lab environment in Zoom for the middle school students to work in which allows the teachers to offer constant assistance. Teachers teach a grade level specific subject area in the learning lab as part of a team-teaching effort. Teachers have time to plan and prep for their learning lab teaching time. Teachers contact their students twice a week and keep the parents up to date once per week. Middle School teachers must be available to work 9-3EST Monday – Friday. Middle School teachers must be available to work 9-3EST Monday – Friday.
- Must be knowledgeable about school policies and procedures, the courses each student is taking, and students’ technology needs.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations and guidelines.
- Student ratio will be 1 middle school student to 1 hour.
- Contact students and document communication.
- Conduct orientation and initial call to students.
- One zoom session per week with each family on your roster. This will count as student mentor contact and parent contact.
- One additional contact for the week to the student a phone call, email, Edmentum message, text, etc. during the week.
- Must follow format set by ATS when inputting contact logs into Student Information System.
- Email out a weekly newsletter with an update on time spent in each course for the week and any upcoming important dates/info and Live Lesson link. Once a month attach the progress report to the newsletter.
- Teachers will have open zoom/office hours a couple of times a week.
- Live Lessons
- Daily live lessons will be held for Middle School students.
- Staff is required to attend when they are working.
- Manage all student scheduled academics.
- Help each enrolled student develop an educational development plan.
- Handle academic calls for your students and refer to Academic Tutors as needed.
- Grade and check assignments as needed.
- Update grades each semester.
- Run reports weekly to review student's status.
- Send out letters and notices as necessary for non-working or no contact students.
- Provide a list to the Pupil Accounting Team.
- Check Email daily
- Check voicemail daily
- Meet ATS requirements for professional development.
- The Middle School Team will have a weekly team meeting.
- Individual meeting with Team Leader.
- Monthly all staff meeting.
- Tech troubleshoot as needed
- Troubleshoot tech issues with students.
- Send tech help email as needed.
- Replacement of equipment follow up call as needed.
- State Testing:
- Communicate testing times and dates to MVA students.
- Remind student of Testing and dates when needed.
- Mandatory help with state testing.
- Other duties as necessary.