MV Transportation has been closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for personal protection equipment (PPE), which now includes gloves and hand sanitizer in our divisions. Our Procurement team was able to secure an order for more than a half-million masks and other personal protection equipment, which have been sent to our divisions. MV Transportation as a company remains strong and we will be well-positioned to move forward even during these trying times. The safety and well-being of our employees and the passengers we serve remains our #1 priority!
MV Transportation is seeking a Dispatch Managerwho oversees all scheduling and dispatch operations. He/she supports the operations team to provide reliable, on-time service. This position is critical to service restoration in the event of a delay, breakdown, passenger disturbance, or other service disruption. The Dispatch Manager monitors service using the Trapeze system and Transit Miner, which helps identify areas of concern in real time. The Dispatch Manager reviews all logs and paperwork from the dispatch office to ensure all routes are on time and on schedule and is responsible for building the quarterly Driver deployment.
- The company vision, values and culture are understood, communicated and positively promoted.
- Set positive example for dispatch agents by providing consistent support and positive leadership.
- Responsible for positive employee morale and quality customer service.
- Proactively assess staffing needs as determined by service hours and peak call periods.
- Define and publish staff schedules based on service demand and in accordance with collective agreements.
- Recruit, interview and select employees in compliance with MVT hiring practices and minimum standards of qualification.
- Recommend personnel for promotion, demotion or reclassification.
- Ensure prompt investigation and resolution of complaints and incidents as relates to direct reports and in compliance with company policy and collective agreement.
- Impose discipline according to company policy and in compliance with collective agreements including suspension or termination of employment.
- Participate in and advise senior management regarding labor relations strategies and relationships.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of all employee records, business records, client and customer information, data and other information not otherwise available to the public.
- Ensures all safety regulations are being observed and all training methods are adequate and effective.
- Ensure dispatch protocols follow both client and company policies and procedures.
- Organize and coordinate dispatch agent training programs for new hires and refresher customer service training programs for department personnel.
- Prepares, verifies, and authorizes employee schedules and work records for payroll purposes.
- Assigns work duties to qualified employees to ensure adequate coverage of all shifts.
- Monitor dispatch performance as it relates to driver incidents, equipment failure, vehicle breakdowns, and other potential service disruptions.
- Monitor dispatch agents to ensure timely communication of passenger cancellations or changes as required.
- Provides dispatch coverage during peak service times and during employee shortages
- Ensure dispatchers assign will-call and same day trips to available and appropriate. vehicles in order to ensure on-time performance, minimize wait and ride times and to maintain system productivity.
- Ensure dispatchers document accurately and appropriately daily events related to service.
- Manage vehicle pull-outs according to schedule and/or customer expectations.
- Maximize wage to revenue percentages and minimize non-revenue and overtime wages.
- Define and publish driver schedules based on service demand and in accordance with collective agreements.
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- Maintain accurate records and appropriate filing systems.
- Three (3) years supervisory or management experience in the transportation industry. Supervisory experience of a work group in a different industry may be substituted at the company's sole discretion.
- Substantial experience in the operation phases of a transit organization.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Trapeze and the skills to resolve situational challenges.
- Must work effectively with fellow employees and have strong leadership characteristics.
- Must have good time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Requires flexible hours, including long days and weekends.
- Must have the ability to recruit and develop staff to deliver reliable service product.
- Knowledge of service area and system parameters.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage with a "Safety First" attitude.
- Paratransit experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems and functional knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Strong organizational skills, filing and file maintenance.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Able to use multi-line phone system.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and provide appropriate supervision and follow up to department staff.
- Provide excellent customer service and present a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Maintain attendance within policy.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.