Come work for Mitsubishi Power Americas
as a Strategic Pricing Director.
We are a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished leaders. Here we aren’t satisfied with settling, so we search for innovation in everything we do. Are you ready for the challenge? THE POSITION:
A Strategic Pricing Director
with a technical and commercial background is highly preferred, as the candidate must understand both the fundamentals of energy generation (output, heat rate, emissions, etc.) as well as how these performance specifications are valued by our customers. A thorough understanding of proposal evaluation techniques in the power industry is required, including the ability to create and utilize life cycle cost of electricity models or discounted cash flow models, a general understanding of production cost models, and other general approaches that utilities, IPPs, and developers take towards evaluating power projects. The Strategic Pricing Director will lead a team of Senior Pricing Managers who own pricing evaluation for all commercial transactions, and provide coaching and mentoring as required.
EDUCATION: Education and/or Experience:
- Work with the Sales & Marketing teams to engage customers and better understand their product needs driven by market conditions (i.e. utilities, independent power producers, or project developers) and evaluate areas of opportunity for sales and services
- Collaborate with Mitsubishi Power Commercial Operations team to help facilitate a winning bid strategy based on customer product needs and evaluation techniques
- Maintain, update, utilize, and report results from existing Mitsubishi Power economic models, including life cycle cost models, dispatch models, and discounted cash flow models for bid strategy formulation, as well as for strategic planning purposes, internal studies, and external publications
- Overview on the creation of models to support analysis of Mitsubishi Power products in the energy markets, including new EPA regulatory requirements, evolving deregulated market structures, and impacts from volatility in fuel markets
- Remain current on new technology advancements and provide benchmarks to competitors’ products
- Assist on synthesizing models and market material to explain market needs and customer requirement /trends for strategy meetings with Mitsubishi Power Japan
- Help coordinate and execute strategy meetings with Mitsubishi Power Japan as required
- Ability to work with Mitsubishi Power Japan and other regions
- Collect data, organize content, and help prepare presentation material for Mitsubishi Power leadership
- Possess a broad background to be able to conduct economic studies and energy market-related research while also understanding the technical aspects of our products, including gas turbines, steam turbines, and air quality control systems.
- Interest in mastering and/or experience with electricity market constructs and segmentation, including competitive power markets (ISOs/RTOs) and vertically integrated utility markets
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills necessary to help engage and collaborate with customers
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills (i.e. vlookup, index/match, pivot tables, filters, templates)
- Experience or skills with VBA and/or coding languages is desired
- Ability to learn or experience with statistical modeling and software analysis capabilities
- Ability to work independently and motivated to take on new meaningful tasks even if not directed to do so
- Ability to translate data/research/analysis into actionable insights that are understood by a non-technical audience
- Fundamental understanding of production cost models (such as PROMOD, Plexos, Aurora, or other models) desired
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics, or related field from college or university and at least seven to ten years related experience. Experience beyond ten years highly desired. Reasoning Ability
: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Excel and experience with cost modeling a must (life cycle cost models, discounted cash flow models, etc.). Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills preferred. WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- EXCELLENT Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K Matching).
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement and on-the-job training.
- Paid vacation and 11 Paid holidays per year.
- Committed to quality product and services.
- Great working environment and culture.
- Employee Appreciation Programs and Events.
Mitsubishi Power manufactures the world’s most efficient Advanced Class Gas Turbines and is leading the development of the digital power plant of the future through its digital solutions platform Mitsubishi Power-TOMONI™, providing real-time adaptive control and actionable knowledge to optimize power plant performance and significantly improve reliability. PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee’s working environment maybe loud. The employee may be required to adhere to Mitsubishi Power and customer safety procedures including but not limited to, the use of personal protection equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, goggles, hearing and fall protection). The employee may be required to work over their scheduled 8 hour shifts and weekends based off of business needs to support our customers.