SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time Medical City ArlingtonRegistered Nurse - Professional Development Support NurseFull Time Nights 7A-7P
The Professional Development Support Nurse supports high quality, patient-centered care by offering feedback, guidance, and mentoring to new graduate nurses and/or nurses that are transitioning to a new specialty. The PDSN supports multiple units on off-shifts and some weekends while providing guidance and education on the hospital's standard of nursing practice, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs rounds on each nursing unit, continuously observing, assessing the quality of patient care, and identifying nursing educational needs. Escalates concerns about nursing skills, patient care, policies, processes, and equipment as appropriate.
- Utilizes skills of observation. Provides feedback on nursing assessments, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care.
- Provides feedback and mentoring on patient assessments and care planning.
- Provides assistance with performing or troubleshooting specific skills.
- Maintains IMobile phone for easy contact by new graduates or nurses within scope of support.
- Tracks requests to identify most commonly requested skills for purposes of enhancing orientation & education.
- Fosters teamwork and contributes to achievement of team goals.
- Attends rapid responses and codes as needed, to observe, provide feedback, and debrief, facilitate education, direction, coaching before, during and after the rapid response or code as indicated.
Medical City Arlington
- Shares knowledge/expertise and assists co-workers.
is a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. Our team consists of well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Medical City Arlington we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross is required
- BSN is required
- 2 years of Nursing experience is required
- 1 year in a leadership or preceptor role is highly preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.