Job Description Summary:• Answer incoming calls from citizens related to COVID-19, including the general public. Make outgoing calls to those identified to have had contact with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19 in accordance with all performance standards, policy and procedures, and protocols.
- Transfer/refer citizens to appropriate entities according to the established guidelines.
- Respond to all inquiries consistent with confidentiality and privacy policies and refers callers to alternate sources when appropriate.
- Escalate calls or issues to the appropriate designated staff for resolution as needed.
- Track and document all inquiries using the applicable systems.
- Facilitate translation services for non-English speaking callers according to procedures.
- Attends meetings and trainings as requested and maintains up-to-date knowledge of all programs and systems.
- Meet key performance metrics.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 6 months of experience
- Strong data entry and telephone skills;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Previous experience with computers, phone systems, and headsets preferred;
- Previous experience in customer service preferredÂ :
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond effectively to all forms of inbound and outbound contacts, provide responses to questions, and in specific instances, refer callers to the appropriate supervisor, county, or state agency representatives for service and/or when problems or concerns occur.
- Investigate and resolve complex and escalated issues resulting from multiple channels.
- Complete research of beneficiary contact history and report findings to management.
- Process enrollment/disenrollment and other transactions as requested in accordance with production and quality goals and standards set for the position.
- Maintain updated knowledge of the HCO/CCI program including its policies and procedures as referenced in the employee manual and other policies adopted by corporate, the project, and/or client.
- Maintain knowledge of contract compliance provisions.
- Participate in special projects, as assigned.
- Provide backup to the Central Operations production staff to include, contact center, forms processing, research and mailroom functions.
- Identify issues and/or problems affecting the Central Operations teams and promptly report to management.
- Provide performance feedback to management team regarding team members.
- Recommend procedural or process changes in order to improve accuracy and/or efficiency.
- Review knowledge base content for accuracy and make recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in the development and delivery of training, as necessary.
- High School diploma with 1-3 years of experience.
- Handles more complex customer service inquiries and problems via telephone, recording consistent problem areas.
- May respond to email inquiries. Customer service is the primary function.
- Calls are non-routine and require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Handles situations which may require adaptation of response or extensive research according to customer response.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- May handle escalated or unresolved calls from less experienced representatives.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgement in resolving issues.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
MAXIMUS Introduction:Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.Â :EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.