LeadHigh is an innovative education startup that provides virtual learning. Learn anywhere, anytime. A class has a group of approximately 5 - 10 students, of the same or similar grade level, who are learning, growing, and socializing together. We provide a personalized online lesson for each grade covering different subjects. We provide personalized online lessons for each grade. Our mission is to create a free access learning environment that allows students to see themselves reflected in all aspects of course content. We deliver, cater course content to students’ unique circumstances and learning needs. Many of our teachers earn at least a master's degree with advanced teaching experience.
LeadHigh is seeking APChemistry Instructors to build out our line of advanced secondary student-focused coursework. Courses can run from 10 to 20 weeks depending on the type of course and each class lasts 1to 2 hours based on students’ demands (usually 1.5 hours). The instructor can have his/her own teaching syllabus and materials.
The ideal candidate is a current or former secondary school educator or college faculty member in a public or private school, teaching in a related field.
Working with us, you will:
· Instruct a weekly course with 4 to 8 students.
· Communicate with a Leadhigh coordinator through frequent updates in a remote environment to discuss lesson structure, formatting, content, adaptation, and accuracy.
· Experience in instructing students in advanced curriculum is required (AP/IB/Cambridge et cetera)
· Experience with academic competitions is a plus
· Prepare lessons and give feedback to students on assignments.
· Work in conjunction with a Leadhigh coordinator to deliver an online secondary-level course, including formative and summative assessments.
· Complete other assignments related to instructing.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $35.00 - $70.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote