Job Title: Aircraft Mechanical Installer B, Structures
Job Code: AFSB
Job Location: Waco, TX 76705
L3Harrisis actively seeking to hire numerous Aircraft Mechanical Installers or fabricators and assemblers for our facility in Waco, TX 76705. We are looking for individuals that are wanting to continue in the aircraft maintenance industry. We offer great competitive benefits that start on day one.
The successful candidate will possess at least 4 years of experience (or equivalent, see qualifications) on aircraft structures assembly.
- Relevant experience includes locating/fitting sheet metal parts and components, performing drill up and fastener installation all in accordance with drawings, tech manuals or other written instructions.
- Additionally, candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn, ability to comply with written policies, procedures and other instructions and ability to achieve and maintain a security clearance through the US Government.
You will demonstrate success by:
- An understanding of aircraft drawings and maintenance manuals
- Knowledge of tools required to perform this job function
- Familiarity with general industry standards on quality expectations
- Knowledge of sheet metal principals and techniques
- C-130H and C-130J Inspection, repair and modification a plus
- G550 Structure and Modification a plus
- 737 C Checkand Modification a plus
- Working from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards and/or any other authorized reference material as required to complete assigned work.
- Performing structural modifications, aircraft inspections or repairs. Sometimes in confined spaces.
- Use of company computer systems for work documentation and retrieval of production related documents.
- May substitute 2 years of experience with completion of Airframe and Power plant schooling
- Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles. Requires flight line physical.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to achieve and maintain security clearance
- Must be able to read and write the English Language
- Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background, drug, & medical screening; subject to FAA requirements and random substance abuse screening.
- Must possess mechanical skills and have the ability to assemble close tolerance part using hand tools such as pneumatic drills and rivet guns.
- Must have requisite basic tools prior to starting to work; tool list will be provided. Tools must be shadowed and engraved. L-3/PID will provide the material to complete this task.