Kidney Care Center, Medical Assistant
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports the mission, core values and customer service of Kidney Care Center (KCC).
Adheres to the KCC Policies and Procedures and Compliance Program including all state and federal regulatory requirements.
The Medical Assistant is responsible to verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit. Also prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature, reporting patient history summary.
PRIMARY DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
· Taking medical histories
· Explaining treatment procedures to patients
· Preparing patients for examination
· Assisting the physician during exams
· Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
· Performing basic laboratory specimens
· Instructing patients about medication and special diets
· Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
· Authorizing prescription refills as directed
· Drawing blood
· Taking electrocardiograms
· Removing sutures and changing dressings
· Using computer applications
· Answering telephones
· Greeting patients
· Updating and filing patient medical record
· Coding and filling out insurance forms
· Scheduling appointment
· Arranging for hospital admissions and laboratory services
· Handling correspondence
· Participate in individual & group projects as directed by management
· Other duties, as assigned
· Responsible for supporting the values and customer service standards of KCC.
· Accountable for outstanding customer service to all staff, clients and vendors
· Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
· Initiates action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
· 1 or more years’ experience as a Medical Assistant or Medical Admin Assistant
· Medical Assistant Diploma
· Current CPR card
· Must be a self-starter who can work independently yet function in a highly collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
· Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines effectively
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong data entry, organizational and interpersonal skills
· High integrity, team player with patient service focus and flexibility
· Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting; experience in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word and Excel a must
· Good presentation & communication skills
· Must be productive & resourceful with the ability to meet deadlines
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with prospective and current clients. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations. Travel to scheduled staff meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. The work environment is also characteristic of a dialysis center or a patient’s home and as such the employee may be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/ materials.
Must be able to lift 30 pounds as needed.
Theduties listedin this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location