Position Description (PURPOSE/FUNCTION):
- Know, and adhere to, KBR policies, procedures and work rules, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical and personal information to which access has been granted.
- Participate in all areas of the design, development, testing, implementation, training and support of various application development projects according to applicable HHPIT work instructions & processes. (with a particular focus on ETL and interfaces).
- Support the technical goals of the Application Development Team by working closely with the Architects in all application design and development phases.
- Participate in design and planning meetings to support the technical infrastructure needs of various projects.
- Meets and collaborates with business users on requirements and objectives
- Develop ETL scripts in Pentaho Data Integration tool to move data from multiple source systems into a Hadoop based data warehouse
- Participate in the integration of a hadoop based data warehouse with a modern, leading business intelligence platform
- Lead the design of data model and meta data and data dictionaries across the enterprise
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of business processes supported by software systems/products
- Analyze and document “as-is” and “to-be” scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions)
- Perform Source system analysis to identify the source data that needs to be moved into the target tables
- Perform Data Analysis and Data validation by writing SQL queries
- Identify new ways to standardize existing data processes and optimizing current workflows
- Create custom data sets for use within our Analytics teams
- Create Data Mapping documents, data dictionaries and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Manage data loads, and security, storage and performance strategies and implementations.
- Serve as technical team member in the development of business intelligence reports and analysis, providing mentoring, guidance and troubleshooting to analysis team members in solving complex reporting and analytical problems
- Devise ER diagrams and identifies unique foreign keys, entities, attributes, relationships and business rules for data warehouse.
- Develop documentation of technical design specifications and as-built technical system documentation.
- In cooperation with the Architects and other Application Developers, design all layers of proposed applications, including user interface, middle-tier and database, as well as interfaces between applications.
- Develop code to support the requirements and design for all layers of proposed applications and interfaces, including user interface, middle-tier and database.
- Conduct appropriate unit testing and system/integration testing of all developed applications and interfaces.
- Assist with the proper coordination and conduct of user acceptance testing of all developed applications.
- Work with users and technical support staff to coordinate and execute proper migration of developed applications into a production environment.
- Assist in the development and delivery of user and/or technical support staff training on developed applications.
- Support the adoption, implementation and constant continual improvement of accepted processes for software development, code migration and configuration control.
- Assist in the evaluation, selection and implementation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products related to all of the above.
- Provide weekly status reports of work activities to Application Development Lead(s).
- Create documentation to support all of the above, as well as additional items as necessary.
- Develop, execute, and adhere to project plans and project schedules for all work as approved by the Application Development Lead(s),
- Balance academic software development principles with practical constraints to meet project deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable KBR and NASA standards and work instructions.
- Establish, promote and maintain a service-oriented, customer-service focused culture that supports new custom development, COTS and sustaining activities.
- Ensure that deliverables meet KBR and NASA quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities occasionally require work on weekends and/or evenings, sometimes with little to no advance notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The position requires a Bachelor's degree plus 6 years work experience in the information technology field, with a minimum of 4 years of most recent experience in application development of interfaces using Pentaho ETL. Experience with object oriented programming is required. Knowledge of, and experience with relational database design/development and analytical database design/development is required. Knowledge of, and experience with formal software development project management tools and methods is required. A proven ability to coordinate with team members, project staff, customers, users, and other stakeholders to successfully develop, conduct, and implement software development projects is required. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels, both one on one and in groups, is essential. The flexibility to adapt to new development tools and technologies is essential. Candidates must be self starters who have a proven ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with AxioWorks and BizTalk 2016.
- Prior NASA experience is desirable.
- MCSD or other software development related certification is desirable.
- Experience with software development in a medical environment is desirable.
- Experience with modeling concepts and modeling tools is desirable.
- Experience with integration tools and standards is desirable.
- Experience with the following technologies is desirable: BizTalk, AxioWorks, SQL Server Reporting Services, Team Foundation Server, jQuery, Linux, SharePoint developer skills.
- Also desirable is experience with HL7 Medical Data format.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.