Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others.
As part of the CCB Home Lending Risk Management team, you will be responsible for building and managing cross-functional relationships to support both risk and business stakeholders in their policy, capital market and product initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, effective problem solver with a strong passion for high performance and accuracy, while being a team player. Must be self-motivated and able use appropriate analysis, judgment, logic, and communication methods when solving problems and making decisions. In addition, the candidate should have a strong foundation in analytics and good understanding of the mortgage origination process and credit risk management.
You will be part of a global team with employees based in the US and India. The team reports into the Head of Originations Strategic Analytics for Home Lending Risk, and is accountable to the Head of Strategic Analytics and the Chief Risk Officer for Chase Home Lending.
- Develop a solid understanding of the Home Lending products and programs and ensure information about key guideline changes is delivered to strategic analytics partners and incorporated into risk assessments
- Research into new business initiatives and business strategies to obtain necessary context and nuance to clearly define strategic objectives
- Coordinate with stakeholders across functions, including Policy, Data/MIS, Product, Finance, Capital Markets, and Forecasting to identify and obtain data required for risk analysis
- Exercise judgement in developing evaluation criteria and applying analysis techniques specific to mortgages that account for different risk dimensions and constraints and normalize for mix-related effects
- Collaborate with Strategic Tools, Finance, Capital Markets, and Forecasting to assess the expected performance and profitability of our lending guidelines and ensure any proposed guideline changes meet our risk tolerances under baseline and stress scenario
- Perform adhoc analysis for senior management to evaluate emerging risks within the home lending business and advise on risk mitigation strategies
- Create effective PowerPoint presentations to communicate conclusions to senior management and drive business decisions and initiatives
- Establish measures of success/failure for assessing whether the implemented strategies are performing as expected and monitor to ensure performance is within risk thresholds
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.) is required. Post graduate degrees in similar disciplines a plus.
- 4+ years of professional experience in the financial industry or data manipulation/analysis/reporting
- Knowledge of the residential real estate market in the United States is a plus
- Prior experience in the mortgage business and originations risk management is a plus, while experience in the secured lending space would be desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to summarize wide-ranging research into a crisp and concise takeaway for a senior audience
- 2+ years of SAS or SQL hands-on experience in coding and analysis
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, critical thinking, investigative problem-solving and decision making
- Strong organizational skills to proactively manage her or his own book of work
- Effective time management skills to handle competing priorities appropriately and meet tight deadlines
- Capable of working both independently and as a contributing team member to meet team and department goals with a strict timeline
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office required (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans