Who We Are:
Joffe Emergency Services is an all-in-one provider of expert emergency response training, event safety, and disaster preparedness supplies for individuals, schools, non-profits, small businesses, and corporations throughout the country. Our goal is to save lives and prevent emergencies through highly skilled response training that builds trust, demonstrates respect, and empowers learners to apply life-saving techniques to any individual in need, under any circumstances.
Who Successful Candidates Are:
You are a fast-paced, well-organized, and highly detail-oriented individual. Perhaps you’ve served in a leadership role before and/or have managed an Executive Office before. You, also, though, have an acute knowledge of building strong relationships, design, project management, and similar. You’re knowledgeable of major event venues throughout the country and know and understand the importance of working with local municipalities to ensure compliance and positive patient/customer experiences. By the way, you’re pretty light-hearted and while you take your work and responsibilities seriously, you also have a bit of fun while you do it. This is hard work, sometimes with grueling travel needs and you’re able to sustain because you LOVE what you do.
Fundamentally, this role is designed to maximize the time and value of the time the CEO spends engaging with employees and customers and reduce the amount of time spent doing anything else.
*This person will need to live in or close to the Santa Monica area for traveling purposes.*
- Answer all incoming calls, redirect them to the appropriate party, or keep messages.
- Receive letters, packages, etc., and prepare outgoing mail.
- Completes administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected.
- Researches prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO including those of a sensitive or confidential nature and determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and the team.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters and emails, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Assists and supports the CEO in preparing for meetings, including preparing meeting materials, keeping track of meeting progress and follow-up items, and preparing and revising correspondence and other documents, as necessary.
- Regularly audits CEOs weekly time spent and provides guidance on how to more effectively leverage time to achieve defined goals.
- Influences time management goals and works with CEOs Direct Reports minimizing the time required.
- Design communication decks, messages, social media posts, etc. to communicate CEOs' strategic plan, milestones, and progress to the entire team & public audience.
- CEO provides 1-2 high-profile emergency responses per year. During these responses, join CEO in the field to assemble command center, support day to day operations while CEOs time is refocused to emergency response and recovery, expect 14-28 day responses throughout North America.
- Note:If you’re unfamiliar with emergency response, you’ll be trained. Importantly, Joffe does not provide physical responses to areas in active danger, so personal safety is not at increased risk.
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to Safety Committee, Advisory Board, and Volunteer Boards on which he serves.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in all relationships.
- Adheres to applicable rules and regulations in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Maintains records, including minutes, by-laws, member bios, and board/team commitment forms.
- Works with CEOs special project managers to coordinate time requirements as needed to be devoted to other projects, personal investments, and family and social relationships.
- Routine weekend availability will be required.
- The regular schedule is approximately 7 am - 4 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Travel will be required approximately 30% of the time.
- Current CPR/AED Certification (AHA or Red Cross) (recommended, but not required for hire).
- At least 3 years of experience managing an Executive Office such as the CEO, President, or otherwise.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life.
- 401(k) Retirement savings.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Flexible work schedule.
About Joffe Emergency Services:
Job Type: Full-Time Employee.
Joffe Emergency Services is an all-in-one provider of expert emergency response training, event safety, and disaster preparedness supplies for individuals, schools, non-profits, small businesses, and corporations throughout the country. Our goal is to save lives and prevent emergencies through highly skilled response training that builds trust, demonstrates respect, and empowers learners to apply life-saving techniques to any individual in need, under any circumstances.We are seeking a full-time certified EMT to oversee the health and safety of students in Junior Kindergarten to 8th grade. This position also works in conjunction with the school counselor and faculty in enhancing wellness programs for the school community.The ideal candidate will possess prior experience working with children, values community relations and outreach and is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.