Innophos is seeking a Production Trainee to work in our Nashville location. The Production Trainee has the overall responsibility to maintain safety, quality and environmental effectiveness of the departmental operations.
Trainee wages begin at $17/hr and will progress to higher job classifications based on qualifications, in accord with the labor contract.
- Responsible for the overall efficient operation of the position. This includes safety, quantity, quality, housekeeping, record keeping, environmental, etc.
- Observes and operates all equipment and instrumentation, troubleshoots, adjusts equipment, cleans equipment, and record data on appropriate logs and spreadsheets, as well as in E1 system
- Select, prepares, fills, samples, weighs, and moves a variety of packages and containers as required for the proper packaging of the product
- Moves pallets, containers, and equipment, throughout a restricted space, using a forklift
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A valid Driver's License required
- Must be available to work changing/rotating shifts and schedules
- Must be computer literate
- Must be capable of becoming a licensed lift truck operator
- Must be capable of accurately completing log sheets/reports, both paper and electronic, understanding written material, performing basic mathematics, and making appropriate transactions in E1
- Demonstrate knowledge of process flow description (PFD), key process control points, process description, round sheets and data sheets, analytical specifications and their control, all relevant job analyses, and appropriate troubleshooting
- Demonstration of the above knowledge includes, written and oral testing and actual operation of equipment, to meet minimum standards of acceptability
- Must have a good attendance record
- Constant standing
- Frequent bending, lifting (avg 50 lb-max 50 lb), and operation of moving equipment (truck, spotter, forklift)
- Occasional climbing (ladder, stairs), hand palletizing (50 lb/bag)
Innophos is a leading international producer of specialty ingredient solutions that deliver far-reaching, versatile benefits for the food, health, nutrition and industrial markets. We leverage our expertise in the science and technology of blending and formulating phosphate, mineral and botanical based ingredients for our customers.
Our people are the heart of our organization and the foundation of our success. We are driven by our core values of safety, diversity, integrity and collaboration.
Headquartered in Cranbury, New Jersey, Innophos has manufacturing operations across the United States, in Canada, Mexico and China and sells into over 70 countries.