If you are looking for a chance to use your clinical skills in a business setting, Independence Blue Cross may be the place for you! Bring your drive for excellence, team orientation and customer commitment to Independence Blue Cross; help us renew and reimagine our business and shape the future of health care. Our organization is looking to diversify, grow, innovate and serve, and we are looking for committed, empowered learning-oriented people to join our team. If this describes you, we want to speak with you.
Under the direction of the Manager, the RN Health Coach functions as the primary nurse to provide telephonic health coaching and case management services to members across the continuum of health ranging from health promotion to end-of-life.
- Collaborate on care plan development and coordination with members and physicians by using the nursing process and giving input when adjustment is needed
- Assist the member to navigate the healthcare system and advocate for the member on an individual basis.
- Apply clinical and motivational interviewing skills to assess and support the member in developing self-management skills in adopting positive behavior changes.
- Support the member to identify and address their barriers to adhering to standards of evidence-based medicine.
- Facilitate communication between the patient, family, and members of the health care team
- Liaison as an educator and link between the patient, providers and the plan, ensuring high quality, cost-effective services are delivered.
- This is a remote position but candidate must live in PA NJ or DE
- Active Licensed Registered Nurse, B.S.N. Preferred;hiring contingent upon willingness to obtain Temporary Practice Permit for Permanent PA RN License
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years clinical experience (two (2) years full time equivalent direct patient care) required - Home Health and varied experience a plus
- Case Management experience and Certified Case Manager (CCM) preferred
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional problem-solving and organizational skills required
- Ability to adapt clinical assessment skills to telephonic assessment and follow-up
- Ability to work independently using critical thinking to resolve complex medical and psychosocial issues for our members
- Highly professional interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Comfortable with new ideas and methods; creates and acts on new opportunities; is flexible and adaptable.
- Works to build relationships with all and provides exceptional customer service
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations