We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow.
IBI Group in Los Angeles is looking to make a strategic addition of an experienced Architect to our Civic Practice working on public projects.
What you'll be working on:
- Manage multiple project resources from cross-functional teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants
- Lead team on a collection of complex small projects, medium size projects or large projects
- Lead the process to identify and assess potential work opportunities whether it be add-on work or new
- Lead the process to coordinate the opportunity response (example: RFP), prepares proposals, submissions and client presentations
- Coordinate the design, construction and management of projects, including liaising with clients, contractors, suppliers and consultants
- Define and decide objectives related to the project or segment of a large project from a cost, schedule, technical and quality perspective
- Provide project reporting and ad-hoc analysis, and presents project status and issues requiring attention by senior management
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and work to streamline and enhance existing procedures
- Coordinate architectural and project design
- Function as the project leader and primary coordinator between multiple disciplines
- Apply knowledge of building codes and zoning bylaws
- Apply understanding of design philosophy of projects
- Prepare and coordinate detailed design and construction documents, review of working drawings prepared by in-house staff or outside consultants
- Resolve technical and design issues within the project scope and escalate as needed to ensure project objectives are met
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews, processes submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI
- Contribute to the delivery of projects to meet client expectations
You'll need to have:
- Architectural Degree from an accredited program
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with Civic and Municipal projects
- Experienced with REVIT
- Licensed Architect with current registration in California
- Ability to think strategically and with an equal interest in business and practice issues
- Experience with large complex projects within a large multi-disciplinary practice
- Demonstrate creativity, passion and interest in design and planning
- Experience of the regulatory approval process / building plan check review and permitting
- Knowledge in a range of municipal, city, county, state type projects with experience in other market sectors also an asset
Our employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management and also benefit from our enthusiastic, helpful organizational resources team. We have a shared company-wide passion and work together to reach common goals; IBI Group encourages its employees to grow and take on responsibilities based on ability rather than seniority. We are a close-knit group that emphasizes work/life balance and appreciates camaraderie.
IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence, drug testing and driver’s license record. #ibi
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.