Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP, an international law firm, is recruiting a Case Clerk for the Real Estate practice group in the Richmond, VA office. This position assists lawyers and paralegals with routine document organization, preparation and review.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Organizes, maintains and retrieves document files including, but not limited to, correspondence, court papers, corporate documents, legislative materials, case records, transactional documents, governmental filing documents, administrative forms and materials produced in the discovery process.
2. Drafts routine documents for attorney or senior paralegal’s review.
3. Organizes and maintains witness or financial folders; prepares and maintains indices on cases or financial matters.
4. Reviews, codes and copies legal documents used in trial discovery process.
5. Files and/or e-files documents with various governmental or other entities, as requested.
Education: High school degree or equivalent required; college degree or some college courses preferred.
Experience: Prior case clerk or similar experience helpful, particularly if in a legal environment.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003 required. Must have strong research skills. Must present a positive, professional image and show initiative to suggest or implement creative measures to benefit the firm. Supportive of change, promotes firm policies, focuses on needs of the firm and is viewed as the ultimate team player. Ability to work overtime or travel, as needed, on short notice. Ability to work well under pressure, patience, diplomacy, high stress tolerance, excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changing conditions. Visual acuity needed for transcription, extensive reading and input (typing) of information into computer. Ability to receive and convey detailed information through oral communication. Essential competency processes include language ability, reasoning and memory. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the abilities or aptitudes to proficiently perform each of the responsibilities and accountabilities described above, with or without reasonable accommodation.
EEO/drug-free workplace/E-Verify participant/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP here.
The information offered on this site does not constitute an express or implied contract, and may be modified or revoked without notice at the discretion of Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP.