Under close supervision, the Item Processing Clerk operates the check scanner to image items for daily processing. Uses the check processing system to enter amounts and balance transactions for items to be posted. Prepares runfiles to be sent to the local clearing banks and the Federal Reserve. Proves record of transactions by performing essential duties and responsibilities.
Shift hours: 2:30-8:30pm MST.
- Processes proof work through the check scanner for Heartland Financial lines of business.
- Uses the check processing system to enter amounts and accounts on items that were not read by the system for all Heartland member banks.
- Balances transactions within each run for all Heartland member banks.
- Keys rejected fields for outgoing items for all Heartland member banks.
- Processes inclearing items.
- Processes daily Lockbox for commercial customers.
- Transmits files to Computer Operations.
- Prepares Canadian cash letters to send to correspondent processor for processing.
- Provides courteous and efficient service to customers, employees and Heartland member banks in a timely manner.
- Answers proof telephone calls and emails to assist with problem solving, as necessary.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities
- GED required or
- High School required
- 3-6 months related experience and/or training preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- 10-Key experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations