About Us: Hope Network is one of Michigan’s largest non-profit organizations. We have a rich history of providing support to individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries, mental illness, and developmental disabilities. We strive to help individuals achieve a greater level of independence through Specialty Health and Community Services. Hope Network provides services geared towards the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of the individuals that we serve. In Christian service, Hope Network empowers people to overcome challenges to achieve their highest level of independence. Overview:
The Recruitment and Onboarding Assistant is a key associate at Michigan Education Corps whose primary responsibilities include: Providing administrative support to the Resourcing and Recruitment Partner, and all members of the MEC team involved in member recruitment, onboarding and support for launching successfully into MEC AmeriCorps service and programs. .
Summary: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Assist the Michigan Education Corps team with activities that will ensure a great candidate experience. These activities may include:
a. Conduct pre-employment activities such as iChats, and reference checks.
b. Posting and managing open positions on appropriate boards.
c. Sourcing for active applicants using methods such as cold calling, email campaigns, and networking to identify talent.
d. Pre-screen candidates that meet the needs of the work location, MEC Programs, and AmeriCorps requirements.,
e. Participate and assist with coordinating and scheduling career/job fairs, networking events, and other service related events to promote the Hope Network MEC Brand and to increase awareness of the MEC program opportunities available at Hope Network. Includes using social media.
3. Compile and prepare recruitment reports including position posting information and others, as requested.
4. Assist Director of Programming and Operations with pre-employment training tasks, e.g., registration and materials acquisition for training members prior to the start of service.
5. Assist with ordering and shipping member gear.
6. Additional duties/projects as assigned by the Resourcing and Recruitment Partner, AmeriCorps Program Director, Director of Programming and Operations, and/or Executive Director.
Requirements: Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School Diploma or related recruitment experience. Post-secondary degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. At least 1 year of related experience in staffing/recruiting experience and/or a combination of education and work experience is preferred.
2. Experience working remotely.
3. Experience with and comfortable using G-Suite and Microsoft Office to plan, communicate, and organize.
4. Familiarity with (but not limited to) Facebook, Linked In, Instagram, and Indeed.
Shift: 1st Position Type (Portal Searching): Regular Full-Time