Hotel Front Desk/ Guest Service Agent
Be...an Innovator, a Motivator, a Leader, a Team Player - Most of all, Be Baywood!
With our "It's My Pleasure!" philosophy we have become one of the Nation's fastest growing hotel development & management companies.
Join us as our Hotel Guest Service Agent/Front Desk at our Homewood Suites by Hilton Dulles Int'l Airport located at 13460 Sunrise Valley Dr., Herndon, VA 20171. (Room Count: 109 )
Successful Candidate will be able to :
- Available to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, 3pm-11pm and/or 7am-3pm.
- Previous hotel Front Desk experience is preferred; however, ability gained through 1+ years related employment (customer service) or on-the-job training may substitute for actual Front Desk experience.
- Hilton Experience Preferred.
- Must possess excellent public relations skills and warm and friendly attitude
Summary:Ensures guest satisfaction by providing courteous and efficient service. Responsible for the accurate registration, posting of charges, and check-out of guests. Handles guest questions and concerns as required by management. Adheres to specific Brand Standards as required.
- Provides courteous guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, complaints, and by accurately processing guest mail and messages.
- Coordinates the delivery of guest services by other hotel departments and outside businesses.
- Processes all incoming and outgoing reservation and cancellation requests in a timely manner by mail, telephone, in person, and via the franchise system.
- Assists guests upon arrival and handles check-in procedures swiftly and accurately, as per brand and Baywood requirements.
- Handles check-out procedures swiftly and accurately and assists guests on departure.
- Maximizes room revenue and occupancy levels through suggestive selling for upsell potential as well as walk in guests.
- Has knowledge of marketing programs applicable to the hotel, local area, and all hotel functions and outlets, and properly presents the programs to guests.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts, and other forms of credit. Operates the department’s cash register.
- Maintains information and communication sources such as, log book, franchise directories, checklists, and electronic communication.
- Operates PBX (switchboard) equipment to handle incoming calls, outgoing calls, wake up calls, do-not-disturbs and the paging of guests, as well as maintains guest and staff privacy and security.
- Operates the franchise terminal and performs designated maintenance tasks. Has understanding of in-house computers and monitors computer accuracy to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
- Receives departmental-related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken. Completes brand specific log and follows brand protocol for guest complaints, including escalation to management if needed, and completed follow up.
- Performs other assignments as requested.
- Adheres to departmental communication through the effective use of staff meetings, log books, and bulletin boards.
- Audits all accounts to ensure they balance, to include such accounts as tray and city ledger, reservation deposits, credit card accounts, and room, food & beverage, and banquet charges.
- Transfers charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Closes necessary accounts at month end.
- Prepares final reports of all daily revenue summaries.
- Posts all room and tax revenues and late charges.
- Ensures all revenues, adjustments,taxes and gratuities are accurately distributed from POS system (at some properties)
- Operates and/or understands in-house computer systems.
- Maintains positive communication with accounting department.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in Policy Manual.
- Is skilled in and responsible for Life Safety Procedures and equipment.
- Participates (at some properties) in MOD schedule.
- Additional duties may be added at any time at the discretion of management.
Baywood Hotels is an Equal Opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location