At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Energy Market Cost Model Solutions Consultant for its Atlanta, Georgia location or remote location throughout the United States per the manager's discretion. This role is responsible for adapting and implementing sales support strategy for designated area in accordance with the global Energy Planning and Trading (EPT) solution strategy. Ensure technical and functional support of EPT products and solutions for internal and external customers. Ensure adequate support of the proposal process ensuring alignment with Hitachi Energy Enterprise Software standards and targets. Proactively lead and develop new business opportunities. Create, implement, and monitor sales support processes to drive sales revenue and next level strategy
- Strategy: Creates, implements and reviews global sales support including staffing and qualification of team members to sell Enterprise Software solutions at global scale. Ensures that EPT strategic approach and market message provides value to the company’s customers and creates a competitive advantage
- Targets: Defines key targets for the team supporting global sales team aligned with global sales goals.
- Proposal development: Drives team to produce the most compelling and concise proposal response.
- Competiveness: Ensures thorough evaluation of sales opportunities in the sales lifecycle such that company resources are most wisely spent. Leads the effort on creating and managing Best Business Practices for the use of EPT solutions that can provide more value to the customer along with competitive differentiator
- Coordination: Coordinate with key internal resources for customer sales engagements. Drives and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Risk: Supports bid/no bid analyses and decisions. Participates in project risk review processes.
- Customer: Ensures support to the Sales organizations during the technical meetings, workshops, product presentations and negotiations with customers and provides technical support and clarification as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree and a minimum of 8+ years of industry experience with good understanding and use of production cost models (PROMOD, Plexos, Aurora, Dayzer, etc.)
- to include good working knowledge of the North American wholesale electricity market, in terms of transmission modeling, congestion analysis, production cost modeling, and the solutions used to support these
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States
- Coordinates teams with a focus on operational execution; short/medium-term operational/tactical responsibilities
- Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations of complex business and technical subject matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter used to be self-managed
- Proactive, results-oriented working style
- Well organized and communicate clearly and convincingly with both clients and internal stakeholders
- Management involves utilizing individual subject matter expertise
- “C” Suite Relationship Sales Skills
- Successful track record of exceeding multi-million sales targets
- Strategic Business Acumen and Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to create convincing client presentations and proposals and address larger audiences describing complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner
- Comfortable engaging convincingly with clients and capable of interacting productively at operational levels
- Fluent with the organizations participating in all aspects of the above markets. Creativity in determining company types who could leverage our solutions to improve their positions across multiple markets.
- Working experience within the North American energy industry desired including experience analyzing energy related market data and transmission planning process
- In-depth understanding of renewable project development life cycle a plus.
- Existing relationships with energy market industry participants a plus
- Exposure to Hitachi Energy Enterprise Software Product is desirable. Experience with EPT Software solutions (Reference Case, Velocity Suite, PROMOD, etc.) and/or competitive product offerings is ideal.
- Adept at mastering new software packages quickly and/or experience performing technical software product demonstrations ideal.
- Exposure to North American energy market planning process is beneficial including but not limited to: (Independent System Operators (ISOs), Natural gas pipelines, Electricity generation and transmission, Renewable energy sources such as wind and solar, grid battery storage
- Some national and international travel will be required.
More about us
#LI-USA Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
Broomfield, Colorado, USA
Type of role
Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)