Highway Specialties is an established and growing Northwest leader in traffic control safety equipment sales and rentals. As an Office Manager in our Vancouver location, you will provide sales and administrative support to the General Manager in dispatching, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, billing, invoicing, inventory, and project management related to all areas of traffic control in the Vancouver/Portland metro area.
$500 signing bonus offered! The hired employee will receive $250 at 3 months and remaining $250 at 6 months of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help schedule and dispatch area field operations.
- Assist in estimating, coordinating, and managing new projects; provide accurate traffic control estimmates, plans, and services.
- Coordinate operations with other regional offices located in Port Ludlow, Washington, Puyallup, Washington, and Salem, Oregon.
- Serves customers by providing product and service information, taking orders, and answering questions.
- Enters quotes, sales, and rental orders. Verifies product pricing, processes change orders as needed.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Provides quick action and follow-up on time-sensitive issues.
- Garners trusting customer relationships.
Other Relevant Tasks and Obligations
- Exhibits polite, professional, and timely communication via phone, email, and mail.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications
- Ambitious, self-starter
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with office operations, office software and phone systems
- Knowledge of software including Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Sage is helpful
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
- Time Management
- Customer Service Skills
- Problem Solving
- Analyzing Information
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location