Health Records Specialist
Full-time: (Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm)
The Health Records Specialist position is an entry level position that is responsible for maintaining Health Partners of Western Ohio’s electronic health records system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes effective and appropriate use of integrated health services at HPWO as part of a “Patient Centered Medical Home” (PCMH) model of care.
- Ensures the privacy of the patient by safeguarding and protecting protected health information in the performance of duties.
- Fulfills release of information request in an accurate and professional manner within timeframes established by Health Partners of Western Ohio.
- Adheres to Health Partners of Western Ohio’s policy, as well as state and federal regulatory guidelines surrounding the release of protected health information.
- Verify the accuracy and quality of reproduced work and data entry prior to providing information to the requester.
- Provides routine service to internal and external customers regarding release of information request, and the retrieval and delivery of protected health information and materials.
- Accurately enters patient information into the computer.
- Accurately assembles patient medical record within the Electronic Health Records system.
- Assist patients with completing information forms, as needed.
- Retrieves lab reports and patient records from other health care providers.
- High school diploma or GED certificate, required.
- Associate Degree in Health Records, Medical Office Administration, or Medical Billing and Coding preferred.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines and protocols.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with persons from a wide diversity of social, ethnic and economic backgrounds is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding patient information. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- High comfort level with computer programs and software.
- Proficiency in accurate data entry functions.
Job Type: Full-time