Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit www.guidehouse.com.
The Senior Payroll Associate will be responsible for processing and submitting payroll to ADP; providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers; providing timely and accurate responses to inquiries and meeting recurring deadlines.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Biweekly payroll processing which includes updating employee benefit changes such as 401K, health Insurance, retro adjustments, and imputed income (GTL)
- Run multi-state process to appropriately tax employees based on where time is booked
- Prepare hours process to calculate and pay overtime
- Review monthly loan forgiveness and tuition forgiveness and send notices to employees indicating tax liability
- Update taxable fringe benefits
- Process taxable and non-taxable relocation
- Transmit biweekly payroll files to ADP
- Process and transmit biweekly gross up payroll after regular payroll complete
- Manage expats and process monthly expat/shadow payroll
- Process off-cycle payroll payments for terminations via manual check or ACH
- Research payroll laws/rules to handle various issues and to ensure compliance
- Act as liaison between payroll department, human resources, and IT to ensure understanding of payroll system requirements for certain implementation and trouble-shooting initiatives
- Assist Payroll Director and auditors in SOX controls, compliance, testing and other related audits
- Run reports/queries from ADP, PeopleSoft, and Workday
- US Department of Labor monthly reporting
- Quarterly payroll reporting, reconciliation activities
- Maintenance of ADP setup tables
- Other payroll related duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Human Resources preferred
- Five years or more of prior payroll processing experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficient/knowledgeable in ADP Vantage and/or ADP eTime and Workday a plus
- Experience with systems implementation/conversion of Workday, ADP Enterprise/Vantage, PeopleSoft, etc
- Must be knowledgeable in ADP reporting/query and able to develop reports
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, if/then formula, etc)
Applicants must be physically located within a commutable distance to one of the following areas for consideration: DC, MD, VA, Chicago, IL
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program