Global Technical Systems (GTS) provides innovative, cost-effective, high-tech engineering products and product-based services encompassing latest generation software and hardware solutions and engineering services for defense, homeland security, and other critical government interests. GTS products and services span a spectrum that includes: mission-critical combat systems processors; C4ISR; technology development including threat detection, biometric identification systems, and composite applications for munitions, armor and energy storage; avionics test systems; and life-cycle logistics support and repair.
As part of our continuing commitment to support our customers, GTS is currently seeking a range of full time Technical Writers, from junior to senior level experience, at ourHeadquarters in Virginia Beach, VA to provide efforts supporting public sector clients, as well as various internal proposal and marketing efforts.
Principal Duties and Skill sets:
- Responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, operating instructions, manuals, or data sheets.
- Support the development of content, application of style guides and standards, grammar and serve as editorial expert.
- Will be tasked with the development of the technical information needed by operations and maintenance technicians for fielded systems, including computers, network equipment, data storage, software, and project related expertise. This information may be provided in a traditional technical manual on paper or in IETM/ETMs.
- Interpret engineering drawings and technical data packages as well as detailed design documentation, distill it down to essential information and convey that information in an easy to understand language at the required reading level for the target audience.
- Support development of other technical documentation, such as white papers, contract deliverables, and/or proposals and marketing material.
- Assist technical personnel in preparation of formal documents such as system or software programming specifications, training plans, data item descriptions and security procedures as applicable.
Essential Skills/ Experiences
- Entry level to Senior Level positions
- Experience in technical writing, technical documentation, technical manual development
- Ability to articulate complex concepts and processes in writing
- Related technical background a must
- Education Requirement ranges from Associate’s Degree to Bachelor’s Degree, or related experience
- Oversee timelines for submission of deliverables and/or proposals and make sure that deadlines are met
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance, as required
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written English language communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) including the use of styles
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to work in an interrupt-driven environment
- On-line research skills, effective use of search engines
- Ability to interview engineers, technical or subject matter experts to gain knowledge required to perform assigned tasks
Technical Manual Specialization Required Qualifications/Experience:
- Author and maintain documents in customer web-based Content Management System (CMS)
- Develop and deliver documents following customer provide style guides
- Author in XML (textual content) and validate against customer provided schema
- Perform photographic documentation and edit raster format graphics for incorporation in manuals.
- Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence
- Develop operation and/or maintenance descriptions, operation and/or maintenance procedures, troubleshooting/Fault Logic Diagrams, and parts lists from engineering drawings and technical data packages as well as detailed design documentation
Proposal Writer Specialization Required Qualifications/Experience:
- Review solicitation and develop outlines
- Develop solicitation requirements matrix
- Develop proposal templates and responses
- Assist in coordinating major proposal sections including Past Performance, Technical and Pricing
- Maintain a library of corporate capabilities and graphics
- Work with graphic artists to develop visual concepts through to final form
- Support development of technical and management white papers and Requests for Information (RFI)
- Responsible for proposal production through preparation, editing and final binding of deliverables
GTS offers a stimulating and exciting work atmosphere with competitive salary and benefits package.
GTS is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.