GIS Field Services is looking for highly motivated individuals to perform residential property inspections on behalf of mortgage lenders.
GIS Independent Contractors earn predictable full-time or supplemental income and enjoy a flexible schedule. Experience with mortgage field inspections is not required but an ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines is crucial. GIS has been in business for over 20 years and is based in Dallas, TX. Please visit our website to learn more about us.
- Clark and Pike counties in Arkansas.
- The ideal applicant will live in Clark county as the majority of the work is centralized around here.
- You are given exclusivity with your territory.
What is a Property Inspection?
Mortgage lenders require periodic updates on their properties and to do this they send out property inspectors. The purpose of the property inspection is 1) to verify property occupancy and 2) to report on the general condition of the property using a mobile application. Most inspections are exterior only, but some inspections also require interior photos.
- Most common type of inspection should only take 4-6 minutes.
- Most inspections can be completed from your vehicle.
- Complete the inspection generally within 5 days
- Report general property conditions and make a determination of occupancy based on industry standards.
- Take 6+ photos of the property with brief comments.
- Complete a form using your smartphone using a GIS application
- Requires being able to spend extended periods of time driving while making numerous stops during the day in the assigned territory.
Requirements(to be considered you must have the following):
- Computer with an internet connection
- Reliable vehicle (good gas mileage is a plus)
- Smartphone (Android or iPhone)
- Pass a standard background check using a valid driver's license
Pay and Hours:
- GIS pays monthly based on an established flat rate for each inspection which averages out to between $15 to $25 per hour.
- Depending on the territory, you will make between 100-150 inspections per month working 10-25 hours per week. There is no set amount of inspections per month, but the work is consistent month-to-month.
- Earn more as you become established, have greater availability to inspect or are willing to cover a larger territory.
- No additional mileage reimbursement above the flat fee per inspection.
- While a small percentage of our inspections usually require human contact note that during Covid-19 those inspections have been put on hold.
- The job is a 1099 Independent Contractors position.
Experience is not necessary, but let GIS know if you have any existing inspection experience with Inspectorade or EZ inspections.