Safely operate residential / recycling collection truck, side-load and/or rear-load truck and ancillary equipment on assigned route to service customers while providing excellent customer service. Deliver solid waste / recyclables to designated disposal / recycling facility.
- Operate a residential / recycling collection, side-load and/or rear-load truck, ancillary equipment and hydraulic system to collect solid waste and/or recyclables on specified collection route.
- Load solid waste, yard waste and/or recyclables into the rear or side of waste collection vehicle.
- Operate equipment on truck to compact trash into vehicle.
- Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
- Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
- Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
- Follow all safety standards and equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
- Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
- Identify, and tag prohibited waste items and remove the items from the waste cart or can.
- Manage assigned Helper(s) if applicable.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
- Possess valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- One (1) year of satisfactory driving experience of Class A or B vehicles preferred.
- Satisfactory driving record.
- Must pass a DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must pass written and road test evaluation.
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, and smell.
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus due to the constant maneuvering of vehicle in tight and high traffic areas.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
- Sitting may be required up to 75% of the time due to the primary function of driving.
- Ability to work in usually loud conditions.
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!Join Our Talent Network!