We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
This role is responsible for analyzing technical and non- technical data sources to create and provide effective business intelligence consultation. Leads the transition of new technology solutions from development to delivery. With a focus on continuous innovation; seeks, promotes, and implements transformation of business processes and enterprise technologies used by members and staff. Builds strong and productive relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring Information Technology is positioned as a business enabler and trusted partner.
- Utilizing the strategic roadmap of the assigned business unit, leads the transition of new technology solutions from development to delivery.
- Performs analysis, oversees development and implementation to support the transition of chosen technologies and ensure they are operating efficiently.
- Gathers business unit requirements to project plans or solutions integration.
- Facilitates collaboration with key stakeholders to refine processes and technologies.
- Designs and implements continuous improvement solutions through the use of existing and new technologies.
- Evaluates business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Effectively communicates insights and plans to all key stakeholders.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure on- time delivery of all projects.
- Monitors and reports on aging projects, escalates projects in danger of missing targeted delivery dates.
- Assists leadership with on-going market analysis and project budgeting.
- Responsible for ensuring timely completion of all service requests from the business unit.
- Provides customer service/responses and/or escalation in adherence to the SLA’s for the credit union’s enterprise technologies.
- Supports credit union employees with general use of enterprise technologies as needed.
- Develops and executes continuous feedback loops to ensure solutions meet business unit needs and requirements in accordance with the strategic roadmap.
- Gathers and deciphers critical information from meetings with various stakeholders to produce and prioritize requirements.
- Performs user acceptance testing.
- Manages, develops, and promotes Intranet portal, reporting systems and dashboards, and Document Management solutions.
- Creates and owns documentation of all business processes, enterprise technologies and technology processes.
- Composes a variety of materials (e.g. reports, templates, procedures, project documentation, flow charts, etc.) for the purpose of documenting processes, procedures and activities thus providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Ensures adherence to Change Control, Incident Response, and Asset Management processes at all times.
- Identifies potential service issues for escalation.
- Assist in the ongoing coordination and documentation of Business Continuity Planning and Credit Union Technology Recovery Plan.
- Timely and effectively communicates technology related messages to key stakeholders.
- Provides remote support after hours as business needs dictate.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in business, finance, or information systems preferred. Lean Six Sigma preferred.
5-7 years' experience in the banking/financial services industry required. Experience working with financial technology required. 5 years' experience working in a technical and business focused projects capacity preferred.
- Experience using SQL, Agile, Waterfall, JIRA or other related software
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to continuously operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
Job Location(s): US - CA - Burbank, US - RW - Remote Work - Farmers