The Merchandiser is responsible for executing all weekly and monthly merchandising directives in partnership with store leadership and Regional Merchandise Manager/Director. Implementing these visual strategies is expected to result in driving top line sales, create brand consistency and improve the overall customer experience.
Based on the part time nature of this role, training is a key component to success. In partnership with the Store Manager, the PTM will be responsible for training standards and Operation Recovery to all Stylists. They will also work with the management team to make sure these standards are being upheld throughout the day/week and is a team responsibility.
The PTM will assess sell through and replenish the styling floor focusing on outfitting and floorset integrity.
This role will also work directly with the Inventory Specialist to execute markdowns, re-merchandise the styling floor and address the sale section (expanding/condensing) as necessary.
Weekly hours are categorized based on the store’s yearly sales performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive brand loyalty by ensuring exceptional customer experience through a well-merchandised, visually engaging, brand appropriate store environment
- Responsible for all visual installations
- Monthly Floorset (Based on hours: map out floorplan and lead store team)
- Window setups and mannequin updates
- Promotional setups
- In-store marketing updates
- Train store team on merchandising standards/operation recovery
- Restock product daily
- Assist Inventory Specialist with weekly markdowns and lead re-merchandising of sales floor and sale section as needed
- Maintain Visual Merchandising Sign Library and storage of merchandising equipment (Hardware, mannequins, fixtures)
- Identify store/facilities needs and communicate with management and Regional Merchandising Manager/Director
- Clear and motivating communication style with strong presentation skills
- Collaborative and able to use creative problem-solving skills to arrive at a solution that is in the best interest of the brand and the customer experience
- Detail oriented while still maintaining excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently in stores/self-motivated
- Possess a level of creativity balanced with logic, organizational, and operational skills
- Visual merchandising retail experience specifically in women’s clothing
- Must be able to climb a ladder as needed
- Must be able to lift 20-30 pounds